Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can't send Messages with Outlook 2011 Mac: EWS request CreateItem: error occurred; code 1
  •  
Lutzministrator

Send a private message to this user
Hi there.

Recently I'm having problems with one of my clients using Outlook for Mac 2011 (OS X 10.9.5).
Some emails can't be sent due to the following error code:

EwsOperation.cpp: EWS request CreateItem: error occurred; code 1, description: Access denied. Folder GUID: b3ee7204-d3a0-4858-b318-a3eab5e147d7, auth user: xxxxx<_at_>domain.com

Outlook displays this error by showing a small info screen:
"Access denied. Folder GUID ...."

The email is then moved back to Drafts.

This happens only with very few emails which seem to follow some pattern which I cannot recognize.

The behavior in Kerios Webmail is even more strange: Here, in the Drafts Folder, said emails don't have any Recipient. When I enter the recipient here and send the email, no problems occur. However, these changes in the Drafts folder don't syncronize to Outlook.

I tried reindexing and deleting and reconfiguring the account in Outlook. Some problem with Drafts still exisit, e.g. if I delete a draft in Outlook, it still exists in Webmail. If I create a new draft in Webmail however, it gets syncronized correctly to Outlook.

I'm on the latest release of Kerio Connect (9.1) running on Ubuntu Server 12.04.5 LTS

Any help is highly appreciated

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2016 10:33]

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

The message should be created in Sent Items folder. Folder GUID can be found in status.fld of the folder, so first check if it is identical. But it would be strange that you don't have access to your Sent Items folder, so probably it's other folder.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
Lutzministrator

Hi Pavel.
I just compared the folders GUIDs. The GUID in the error message is NOT the Sent Items folders but the INBOX folder of some other Account which is also set up at that computer.
How can that happen? Why would Outlook want to save a sent message in some other accounts Inbox? Is there any way to change that behaviour?
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Honestly I don't know any scenario that could cause this, probably some mix up in the Outlook accounts. I would start with the easier step - remove and create new account in Outlook.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: Migrate from Hosted Exchange to Kerio
Next Topic: upgrade9.1-often the mess. of "undelivered" do not back to the sender, but in its SMTP Relay Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 09:29:50 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01014 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.