Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public Email Folder with restriction to only send as specific user
  •  
BionicWave

Send a private message to this user
A client has asked us for the following:
They want to have a public email-folder for service<_at_>local.com.
Two staff-members should have access to it.
The two employees should answer the emails, but only with the service<_at_>local.com email, not with their own email-adresses.

Is this possible? If not, could it be delt with by some other sort of group in kerio?

Thanks for your help.
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

You can't do this with public folders, but you could create a new user (e.g. service) and add this mailbox account for both users in their email client application.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
BionicWave

Too bad. But i think i can handle it by adding the account.
Thanks for the help.
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

You may also want to check out a 3rd-party product called http://frontapp.com which allows a team of people to collaborate on a single inbox without conflict. Lots of clever workflows to help manage shared mailboxes like info@, help@, support@, sales<_at_>, etc. Brian and I have tested it successfully with Kerio Connect. PM me if you'd like a contact there, they do offer a free trial.

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
  •  
Think Fixed

I think that this is a feature that Kerio should add. Why should we have to go to a third party service when Kerio can and should give us this feature?

Howie Isaacks
Systems Admin | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Philipp14

I think a dedicated account is the proper solution. IMAP allows concurrent use of the account by multiple users at the same time, so this should work nicely. If you use Outlook that should work nicely, too.

If users both have a personal account set up as well as the public one: Good IMAP eMail clients will choose the correct "FROM" Personality depending on the incoming adress automaitcally, still allowing the users to override it if necesary.

I had implemented a similar but more complex thing several years ago with Kerio Connect and the free Thunderbird eMail client via IMAP.

There were project-specific folders that users could subscribe to via IMAP, when they were accigned to a project. Adding the respective Personality in Thunderbird allowed the users to send email with the project-specific FROM adress. (Just set up the account in Thunderbird, and create a Personality for each project. I had created a script for that which manipulates the Thunderbird config files to automatically create the necesary entries when the user logs on to Windows.) I used anotehr Thunderbird AddOn to automatically move each sent message into a subfolder of the respective project folder.

For Thunderbird, there are some nice AddOns available, which can automatically choose the Personality depending on the folder you are in (not only the account but the folder).
So, if a user replies to en amil that is in a certain folder, the respective from adress will autmatically be used.

However, this was a few years ago, so Thunderbird AddOns might have changed in the meantime. I only know QuickText (my favorite for canned replies) still does a great job. Smile
  •  
ksnyder (KERIO)

Hi Howie,

Did you ever check out http://frontapp.com ? The workflows in this product are tailored to info@, sales@, support<_at_> shared mailboxes and the like. It's a very impressive product. I'd say it's something that, perhaps, 20% or less of Kerio customers would really need - so it's for the "fringe" customers IMHO.

I'm a big fan of this product. It's and licensing would only need to be for the users who have to respond to mails to/from the shared mailbox without conflicting with one another. I gave a brief intro to it at the UK Partner Forum event yesterday afternoon and there was lots of enthusiasm.

Cheers,
Ken

[Updated on: Fri, 09 September 2016 08:52]

Ken Snyder
Director, Sales Engineering | Kerio
Previous Topic: Frequent Kerio Connect Errors 9.1.1.
Next Topic: Outlook for Mac
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 08:54:04 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03561 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.