Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Buttons for external calling (How to configure phone buttons to selcct an outside line)
  •  
opsimex

Send a private message to this user
Hello! I am currently trying to setup Operator 2.4.8. We are moving from a Hybrid PBX system to Operator.

We have multiple locations and multiple Operators linked via VPN. Calling internally and between PBXes is not a problem.

We have multiple POTS (PSTN) lines and analog cards for external calls. So basically once I have setup the Operator and tested it, I merely unplug the POTS lines from the old system and into the new system.

The old system has a button assigned to each outside line, the same buttons are on every phone, specific to each PBX location of course. There are separate buttons for internal calls. When a user wants to place an outside call, they press the outside line they want to use or is available then dial the number. They do not use a prefix for an outside line. I would like to emulate that on the new system if at all possible.

I have no background in PBX systems and in reading the Operator manual plus using online searches I have worked through most of my configuration issues.

This one eludes me. And it is probably something painfully simple.

Thank you.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi, you can do the following:

- Have an empty prefix for outbound calls (empty prefix = no prefix)
- You can have multiple entries for the same (empty) prefix, the order of these entries influences the order in which the PBX tries the external interfaces
  •  
opsimex

Yes, I have empty prefixes already.

This does not get me a specific button to access specific outside line.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The external lines will be tried in the order in which you assign them to the outbound call route. If you need to select a specific POTS line, you need a dedicated prefix for it.
Previous Topic: Distinctive RIng
Next Topic: 2.5.0: Busy calls logged twice
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 14:47:59 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01016 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.