Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » User gets automatic deleted after a certain time // Mailbox still available
  •  
mIch44

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am new with Kerio and I'm working with it since just 2 months.
I took over a full running Kerio System (2 independet SRV / 80 Users) and I already added some new User/Mailboxes.

After a few days/weeks, 2 of those Users just vanished.
The corresponding user called me, they cant login.

I checked their usernames on the Kerio Server and they were gone.
I added them again and all their E-mails were back again.

After a few days, they were deleted again and I can not explain that.

//Michael
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

I would check operations.log to see, what action was taken at the time, when the user got deleted.

Carsten Maas
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
mIch44

I just checked some Logfiles.

"[25/Aug/2016 07:30:39] config.cpp: Cannot save users to file D:\Kerio\MailServer/users.cfg: (5) Zugriff verweigert"

This is the first indication I could see.
Our logs has sizes of several 100 MByte.. ;(

Is this a possible reason for my problem?
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

It could be, that your users.cfg is blocked due to for example an AV software scanning your data store of your Kerio. The data store should definetly be excluded from AV scanning engines.

Also you should think about rotation of the logs.

Both can be found in the Knowledge Base:
kb.kerio.com

Next step should be, if the above is not successful, to get in touch with our technical support or, as you seem to be based in Germany, with brainworks in Munich.

Carsten Maas
Kerio Technologies

•  
mIch44

1. Yes, I'am a german User of Kerio und ich kenne auch Ihren youtube Kanal Wink

2. There is no AV running on this server, just the Kerio integrated AV System

3. I will set up this log rotation

4. I already tried to contact brainworks but they refuse to support me, because we bought our License via a reseller. We have to contact this reseller.
The problem is, this reseller is no certified Kerio technican, he(one person) isn't able to give us any support. Thats why i try to solve this problem here.

•  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Then you can contact our English speaking support directly. If you have a valid software maintenance, you have two free incidents per year:
www.kerio.com/support

Carsten Maas
Kerio Technologies

•  
mIch44

[29/Aug/2016 10:22:58] config.cpp: Cannot save users to file D:\Kerio\MailServer/users.cfg: (5) Zugriff verweigert
[29/Aug/2016 10:23:09] config.cpp: Cannot save users to file D:\Kerio\MailServer/users.cfg: (5) Zugriff verweigert
[29/Aug/2016 10:23:20] config.cpp: Cannot save users to file D:\Kerio\MailServer/users.cfg: (5) Zugriff verweigert
[29/Aug/2016 10:23:31] config.cpp: Cannot save users to file D:\Kerio\MailServer/users.cfg: (5) Zugriff verweigert

Every 11 seconds i get this error. I checked the file, no changes since 04.06.2016, which is about my hire date.
What User is doing this changes, the "Admin"?

Is there an option to open an incidents case @ kerio via Mail?
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Yes, there are two ways:
1. You can call in and choose the English speaking support (please have your valid license handy)
2. Open a ticket

Both can be found under my previous posted link. Here the link again a bit more detailed:
http://www.kerio.com/support/technical-support

Carsten Maas
Kerio Technologies

Previous Topic: Statistics Button
Next Topic: sending as alias of a public folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 16:20:12 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00995 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.