Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Duplicate accounts created (Kerio allows duplicate accounts to be created when a local account exists and a domain account is added from an domain controller)
  •  
ConvertedUser

Send a private message to this user
I have reported this as a bug and received a less than satisfactory response from technical support.

I have demonstrated that it is possible even with an existing local account in the Mail server, for the same account to be created from a domain controller using the Kerio 'Create Mailbox Task' when a new user account is added and a mailbox account created.

Steps
1. Create local account from web portal
2. Create domain account and create kerio mailbox at the same time from a domain controller

I would have expected that when creating the account an alert is generated in the same manner as creating a local account directly from the web administration portal. I don't believe it is fair to expect the admin to search through the server detecting possible account breaches if duplicate accounts have been created unknowingly.

Is this behaviour expected as I can't find any references to this in the documentation.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2016 04:29]

Previous Topic: SSD for mail store on the server?
Next Topic: Outlook 2016 and Kerio Connect 9.1.1 ActiveSync problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:53:28 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02324 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.