Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Delete attachments after set a period of time. (Is it possible to delete certain attachments after a set period of time)
  •  
nohelp

Send a private message to this user
I'd like to know if it's possible to delete attachments for emails after a set amount of time. For instance say we have a .doc file that we would like to remove from everyones email after a year. We would like to keep the text of the email just not the attachment. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 23 September 2016 19:21]

•  
Maerad

Send a private message to this user
Kerio can't do that. Also I wouldn't recommend something like that, because as company you usually need to archive the important communication for some years. Imagine you need some stuff 5 years later and it's in the attachment, not the mail itself... bad.

Instead of deleting the attachments of something like that, archive them with an external tool like mailstore or buy some bigger hard disks. I mean even 600GB SAS 15k are nowhere expensive today.

Also - if you have microsoft server 2012 at least - try to dedup kerio - that can save a fuckload of space.
Previous Topic: Disable shared calendar invites?
Next Topic: Kerio has more active users than mailboxes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Dec 06 18:52:12 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00976 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.