Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Operator 2.5.0 phenomena (No sound on speaker)
  •  
odittmar

Send a private message to this user
After upgrading to 2.5.0 from the previous version, one problem occurs. Independently if using a SIP Phone on the computer or a hardphone, it happens that during an outgoing call (OP250 to external destination) the other party hears the calling party, but the speaker of the calling party is muted.

Receiving a call from outside the Operator 250 everything is OK - both parties can talk to each other.

I encountered that even in the new Operator Client the Speaker can not be selected - it persists DEFAULT , but Mic & Ring can be selected.

Any ideas from someone?

Best
oliver

Oliver Dittmar

www.collatero.de
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Is your Operator machine behind a firewall?
  •  
odittmar

Hi Vladimir,

yes, behind a KERIO Control 9.1.3!

I have parallel installed a regular SIPGATE Trunk which works perfectly fine. The problemI have belongs to the 3 separate SIP Numbers I have added (actually they have already been working for month with Operator version 2.4.x)

Please refer to the attached file

Oliver

• Attachment: Setup.pdf
    (Size: 514.22KB, Downloaded 22 times)

Oliver Dittmar

www.collatero.de
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

What is your NAT configuration (under Network > General)?

Also, can you create a packet dump of a "good" and "bad" call and send them to me at vtoncar at kerio dot com ?

Thanks,
Vladimir
  •  
odittmar

Hi Vladimir, how to get a packet dump in Operator?

Oliver Dittmar

www.collatero.de
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Carsten Maas
Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
M. Steinhauser (Kerio)

To capture network communication (make packet dump):
- navigate to Configuration -> Network, press "Packet Sniffer..." button
- opt. select the network interface, IP and port to catch only interesting packets
- press the "Start" button
- now make what you need to capture (make call e.g.)
- press "Stop" button
- download captured file

•  
odittmar

Hi Vladimir, I got it. Did send it to your regular email right now.

Good luck!

Oliver

Oliver Dittmar

www.collatero.de
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Oliver,

please make sure Operator is correctly configured to be behind nat. There is a KB article on the topic http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/server-configurat ion-kerio-operator/configuring-nat-821.html

Things to check or configure:
1. Make sure Operator is configured with the correct public IP address, in the packet dump I saw xxx.xxx.229.230, is it correct?

2. If your gateway is Kerio Control, make sure the SIP inspector is enabled. Otherwise please forward the audio port range to the internal address of Operator. The range can be configured on the network screen of Operator, the default is UDP/10000 to 19999. Feel free to reduce it to for example 100 ports.

Best,
Filip
  •  
odittmar

Hi Filip,

sorry to contradict, but the Control or Operator Settings have not changed at all. With Operator 2.4.8 everything worked fine and smooth. Here are two providers:
- SIPGATE Trunk
- 1&1 singel numbers

Since upgrade to 2.5.0 only the 1&1 Single Numbers do not work at all. SIPGATE still is doing fine.

So I believe there must be something in the deeper settings that affects the 1&1 setup. What really happens is, the call is going out, but the speaker is dead - all incoming calls are fine.

Have a look into that direction.

Oliver

Oliver Dittmar

www.collatero.de
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

Perhaps the problem is related to Codecs. Look in the call history and compare the codecs of incoming calls vs outgoing calls through the 1&1 interface. What Codec is being used?
Generally one way audio issues are commonly related to NAT. Are both your SIP trunks using the same traffic rules in Kerio Control?

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Oliver,

I have replied via email as it may contain private information.

Filip

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2016 08:53]

•  
odittmar

NAT is Okay, Just created a separate rule in the Control to forward the audio port especially to the Operator and activated the SIP Inspector. Need now to make several tests.

I keep you informed.

Oliver

Oliver Dittmar

www.collatero.de
  •  
odittmar

Hi Filip,
I have now checked and changed everything according toi your advices. This is what happens:

- I did check the NAT issue and corrected it
- I did set up a traffic rule explicitly for the operators audio channels and activated here the SIP inspector

After rebooting the Control and the Operator all worked fine.

Around 5 o,clock in the morning my DSL is cut and reconnected. After that it does not work again. Obviously I got a new public IP address.

So maybe the problem is related to the fact that I not have a fixed public IP.

Anyway, it worked 100% in the same setup and Operator 2.4.8!

Best
Oliver

Oliver Dittmar

www.collatero.de
odittmar

Hi Filip,

some more things I found out. As explained before, outgoing calls were bad. I went into NETWORK on the Operator, disabled NAT, applied it and reenabled NAT and applied it - now all outgoing phone calls that used to be bad are working fine.

So in my opinion either the fetching of the public IP address is not working properly, or the NAT is not applied to all call routings after the forced DSL cut in the night.

Best
Oliver

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2016 19:40]

Oliver Dittmar

www.collatero.de
Previous Topic: Operator 2.5.0 Desktop Client
Next Topic: PBX for different call pickup rooms
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 17:18:49 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04073 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.