Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » LDAP...Search for organization and phone fields
  •  
TEFICO

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've integrated Operator with Connect for LDAP search, and phones are Grandstream (last firmware 1.0.7.81).

In "Provisioning settings", if I set "o" (organization) in any of the attributes fields then the search ever fails, searching people names or searching organizations names.

If I could searh for an organization then it would be easy to navigate through results and find the contact.

On the other hand, it's common, in large LDAP databases, to find more than one person with then same name, and it would be easy to find the desire contact if I could see organization field.

I've tried to search for phone numbers and it seems it's not implemented, isn't it? I think it's neccessary.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

it is not really an Operator question. All what Operator does is that it passes the entered LDAP configuration almost 1:1: to the phone. The phone then communicates directly with the LDAP server. Please open the phone web interface and refer to the phone manual to setup ldap the way you need.

I would also recommend you to try your LDAP configuration changes on a real LDAP server. The LDAP implementation in Connect is limited and may not support all search queries or searching in all possible fields.

Best,
Filip
  •  
TEFICO

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

May be it's a Kerio Connect LDAP question, but an Operator integration too. I think it's possible to solve it easily.

We have all contacts in Kerio Connect LDAP and use it for email (Outlook, Connect Client, Touchdown) so we need to use it with Operator too.

Another LDAP server is not an option for us.

•  
TEFICO

I've found that phone numbers must be searched whole ones. I think it's ok.
  •  
link611

Hi TEFICO,

can you give me some feedback with Connect LDAP and Operator?

I tried it about 6 months ago and had just problems...

we used a public contacts folder for the phones phonebook, but as i said, just problems....
  •  
TEFICO

Hi link611,

This is the first time I configure Operator, so I'm still working on it.

I will post it here when I finish and I'm more confident.

Previous Topic: SQL intergration
Next Topic: Reset password of operator server running in esxi
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:56:59 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00600 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.