Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.0.2 Impressions?
  •  
Bob Johnston

Send a private message to this user
Any overall impressions of 6.0.2, in particular running on OS X 10.3? Does
webmail seem faster. Thanks for any insight.
--
Bob Johnston

•  
jonbrain

Im running Kerio on an XServe.

6.02 is a big improvement over previous versions.

Webmail and Outlook Connector are considerably faster, and the whole package now seems very stable. 6.0 and 6.01 would frequently crash, but so far since upgrading to 6.02 Kerio hasn't crashed once.

The main feature still missing however is Offline Outlook Caching. This is causing our sales staff serious problems.

There are also a number of annoying bugs including not being able to read certain emails in Outlook and I have also experienced problems with attachments corrupting.

I would suggest waiting for 6.03, 6.02 is a massive step in the right direction but is not quite there.

•  
Lyle M

Webmail does seem faster, but there are problems using https with Safari. The SSL errors generated translate into slower performance for Safari. Of course, in 6.0.0 Safari was almost unusable, so 6.0.2 is an improvement.
I'm told 6.0.3 will fix https connections with Safari.

My attempts to connect using Entourage v.X as an Exchange-like client have been horrible. Calendar events created in webmail propogate to Entourage okay. But Calendar events created in Entourage start to replicate. I suggest playing with test accounts before offering the option to end users.

We're going live on 10/1 only because our aging EIMS solution cannot keep up with our anti-spam and anti-virus needs. The groupware features will have to be implemented later on when they are refined enough for our demanding users.

Regardless of my impressions, I feel it is imperative that you install the software on a test server and beat the heck out of it. Test every feature that you might use. Hit webmail with every browser in your organization (and ones that your outbound users may use). Connect with every e-mail client app in every way. There are plenty of gotchas, some of which can be deal killers.

The good news is that Kerio has a great team and I get the impression that they are working hard to improve this product in reliability and features.

Good luck.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2004 23:53]

•  
brianthiel

I was told that 6.0.3 would be released on Tuesday 21 September. Obviously, that hasn't happened, but I'd definitely wait a week or two before upgrading to see if it's out then. Each incremental update generally has been a big improvement over the prior release (except when things that used to work are now broken).
Previous Topic: Outlook - Archiving
Next Topic: Adding Groups in webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 18:16:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00367 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.