Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrate some domains and users to other Connect Version
  •  
rogierbanis

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I have some domains with users on a Kerio Connect version 8.0.1 build 1028 which runs on Centos 5.7. I also have a newer Kerio Connect server running the latest 9.1 version.
What i would like to do is move some domains with their users and mailstores to the newer server. What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks for any advice..
  •  
Bud Durland

Send a private message to this user
There's a couple ways to do this.

If you don't necessarily need to keep user's contact's an calendars, using IMAPSYNC will be the best way to go about it, and is the easiest to understand, set up and execute, It also has the advantage that you can space the migration over several days if the dataset being moved is very large.

Another method involves creating the domains to be transferred on the new server, then shutting down both servers and using your favorite utility to move the files specific to those domains from the old server to the new server. mailserver.cfg and users.cfg also need to be copied, and then hand edited.

A third choice would be to use the built-in backup process on the old server, then use KMSRecover to restore the data to the new server. (ref: http://kb.kerio.com/360) Bring up the new server and remove the domain(s) that are staying on the old server.

I've done the first two, but not the third.
Previous Topic: TNEF - How Kerio handle these email
Next Topic: Linux store permissions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:58:40 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00835 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.