Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Training the spam filter
  •  
mrshermanoaks

Send a private message to this user
My KMS 6.02 server is set right now to change the subject of found spams to add [SPAM] in front of the subject of messages scoring 6+. I've gotten a few false positives, and wanted to try and train the server to not mark these items again.

But I'm not sure exactly how to train it? Do I have to manually add rules in the Spam config of the Admin Utility? All mail is retrieved from the server using POP, so I'm not sure how I would do this through the web interface, where I understand I can use the "not spam" button.

Can anyone shed light on this? Or do I already understand this...
  •  
Lyle M

Without taking a peek at the manual, my understanding is that the spam/not-spam option is only available for webmail and outlook connector users.

Okay, so I went and looked at the manual. There are details on pages 200-201 of the admin guide (16.6).

On another note, I think you will have problems using POP unless you modify your spam handling settings. The default behavior is to take anything with a spam rating of 5.0 or higher and route it to the user's junk-mail folder on the server. POP users will not have access to that folder. For a global fix, you can use the kerio admin console to configure the spam filter to silently discard spam - this way, spam won't continually accumulate in these folders that nobody will ever check. You could also use the forward option so that spam can be sent to a special address - just in case legit mail gets flagged.

If you want to do more work, you can log into each user's webmail account and uncheck the rule that puts spam into the server junk mail folder. Then the users can use their e-mail client's local rules to manage spam. Another odd trick you could try is to set up an IMAP account for each user in their local client, just to give them access to the junk mail folder when they need it. Of course, someone will have to be responsible for clearing out old spam. I would suggest a switch to IMAP, but I'm sure you have your reasons for using POP.

I hope this was helpful.

Regards.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 September 2004 23:53]

•  
mrshermanoaks

Thanks, that's kind of what I had thought. I had already gone through the process of disabling the filter though webmail...

I think I might go back to silently discarding and up the rating...
Previous Topic: autonotification for over quota users
Next Topic: Outlook - Archiving
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 05:42:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00345 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.