Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Search in Outlook 2013 - buttons disabled
  •  
Harald

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

some of our users are using Outlook 2013, like me Wink
I wonder why all "quicksearch" buttons are disabled.
I mean those buttons called from, subject, has attachement and so on.
My Outlook is set to german language, the area is called Suchtools -> Verfeinern, I don't know the english words.
  •  
EdRoxter

Send a private message to this user
I'm quite positive that this is because of the following: A native Exchange account in Outlook can have the "Cached mode" enabled or disabled. All these refining options are only available with Exchange Cached Mode.
Since Kerio Outlook Connector doesn't provide a native Exchange connection, this option isn't available at all with Kerio.

What users can do: The button "More" (or in German "Weitere") with a green plus sign is available. With it, you can select fields to the search field in the messages list. I usually use "From", "To", "Subject".
What makes this awesome is that it doesn't use fulltext search (as opposed to the generic search field), but rather filters the messages and is muuuuch quicker than the fulltext search.

Outlook will remember which fields you've added to the search pane, and your users will most likely adapt to using them immediately, since it's so much quicker (of course, only for the indicated fields, that is - if you _need_ fulltext search for searching something in the text of an e-mail, you have to use it, of course..)
Previous Topic: NEW RELEASE CANDIDATE AVAILABLE: Kerio Connect 9.2
Next Topic: Items Clean-Out not working?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 14:46:01 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04218 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.