Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Choppy Audio - Primarily prompts
  •  
mjackson

Send a private message to this user
I have a ticket opened with support but wanted to see if any here had some feedback.

Our audio prompts sound choppy and cut out when checking voicemail. We also hear it on VM playback, but not as bad as the voice prompts. Example, prompts reads out I a message from ext:272, but what I hear is a pause, then 7,2. Happens with time, extensions,....

I am on 2.5.1 now but also had the problem with 2.5.0. I do not think we had the problem before 2.5.0 or at least it has gotten worse in the last few weeks.

My system resources seem fine and the problem happens during peak hours and off-hours. The problem also happens with local phones and remote phones alike.

We do run an imported system language but I switched it to English default for testing with the same results.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

it sounds like a timing issue. Is Operator running as a virtual machine?

Is there anything related in the error/warning log?

Filip
  •  
mjackson

Yes, VM.

I do see some errors about mounting fs with errors. Below is all in both logs from a reboot I did earlier today. I do not know how long that has been there.

-----------------------

[27/Oct/2016 06:41:01] kernel: [ 303.032011] EXT4-fs (sda4): error count since last fsck: 5
[27/Oct/2016 06:41:01] kernel: [ 303.032085] EXT4-fs (sda4): initial error at time 1459346335: ext4_journal_check_start:56
[27/Oct/2016 06:41:01] kernel: [ 303.032092] EXT4-fs (sda4): last error at time 1459346644: ext4_journal_check_start:56

[27/Oct/2016 06:36:08] kernel: [ 2.962337] EXT4-fs (sda4): warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended
[27/Oct/2016 06:36:38] Asterisk: Can't use 'next' priority on the first entry at line 2 of /etc/asterisk/ext_services.conf!
[27/Oct/2016 06:36:38] Asterisk: Unable to register extension '599' priority 24 in 'sip-locals', already in use
[27/Oct/2016 06:36:38] Asterisk: Unable to register extension at line 51 of /etc/asterisk/ext_services.conf
[27/Oct/2016 08:31:42] Asterisk: Can't use 'next' priority on the first entry at line 2 of /etc/asterisk/ext_services.conf!
[27/Oct/2016 08:31:42] Asterisk: Unable to register extension '599' priority 24 in 'sip-locals', already in use
[27/Oct/2016 08:31:42] Asterisk: Unable to register extension at line 51 of /etc/asterisk/ext_services.conf

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Can you please send a supportinfo file to <fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com>?
  •  
mjackson

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Thank you.

The warning from asterisk relates to a conference and its "play music on hold" checkbox. It doesn't affect functionality, so just ignore it.

The filesystem is corrupted. Currently, we don't have any means to fix it, except doing a reinstall and restoring from backup.

Sorry, I don't see anything related to the choppiness. Usually the VM server is the cause of any audio choppiness.
  •  
mjackson

We are not having any issues with any other VMs so I do not think that is the cause. I will try migrated it to different hardware before doing a reinstall.

Is there a guide for the best way to handle a reinstall and restore. Assuming I have a backup will all option selected, what information will need to be setup that is not in the backup. Does it backup configuration information like network settings, IPs, ...?

•  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

All necessary info is in the backup:
http:// kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/server-configuration-ker io-operator/saving-kerio-operator-configuration-to-ftp-or-lo cal-storage-1478.html

Install a new Operator instance with the same build number and restore the backup.

Carsten Maas
Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
Previous Topic: How to create a route for each SIP accounts
Next Topic: CallKit Support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 17:17:41 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02699 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.