Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Voicemail Fail for two users only
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,

I'm having an issue with two users integrating voicemail into Kerio Connect: The error is as follows:

[02/Nov/2016 13:59:14] Connect Integration: <AsyncProcess '/opt/kerio/operator/bin/imap_helper' 'user1' '1187803414' 'commitall' (FINISHED, pid 9619) at 0x918bf60> exited with non-zero status 75
[02/Nov/2016 13:59:14] Connect Integration: Mailbox user1(Operator user user1): IMAP connection lost: resetting connection because of a previously failed IMAP operation. Will reconnect in 128 seconds.
[02/Nov/2016 13:59:14] Connect Integration: Can't open mailbox {mail.domain.com:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert/user="domai: invalid remote specification
[02/Nov/2016 13:59:14] Connect Integration: Failed to connect to Kerio Connect mailbox user1(Operator user user1)
[02/Nov/2016 14:00:03] Connect Integration: Can't open mailbox {mail.domain.com:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert/user="domai: invalid remote specification
[02/Nov/2016 14:00:03] Connect Integration: Failed to connect to Kerio Connect mailbox user2(Operator user user2)

I've sanitized the domains but as you can see it shows the domain name cut off in the last part of the URL.

I will add that these two users are the longest user names that I have in the system. They are firstnamelastname. They are 11 and 12 character names respectively.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2016 22:11]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I have created a user with a long username (21 characters) on both Operator and Connect 9.2. Voicemail works perfectly fine for me. It must be caused by something else.

Can you please gather the following data:
1. Enable debug log "Kerio Connect Integration"
2. Reboot, or wait until the error occurs again.
3. Then generate a support info file (link at the bottom of the system health screen)
4. Export the debug log

Send the debug log + supportinfo file to fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com

Best,
Filip
  •  
Oli

Hi.

I hope this is useful and not just extra noise.

I've got a ticket open via our support partner at the moment that may relate to this.

We are seeing the same error for some users when using Connect integration.

I had a dig in the logs and could see that the same users also have issues creating voicemail temp folders

[09/Nov/2016 09:03:13] Asterisk: ast_mkdir '/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/sip-locals/199/tmp' failed: Input/output error
[09/Nov/2016 09:03:13] Asterisk: Failed to make directory (/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/sip-locals/199/temp)

However I can see that imap connections do succeed to the user account that relates to the 199 extension

[09/Nov/2016 09:09:35] IMAP: User OperatorAdmin_BLAHBLAH@BLAHBLAH.COM authenticated from IP address BLAHBLAH; target mailbox: USER.NAME<_at_>BLAHBLAH.COM

in case it helps the temporary work around we're using right now is to switch back to SMTP for voicemail but doing so required a slightly odd fix.

Switching to SMTP for voicemail I believe is supposed to swap a symlink from

199 -> /var/operator/running/voimapfs-mnt/NAMEOFUSER

to

199 -> /var/spool/operator/voicemail-users/NAMEOFUSER

However for us this didn't happen for any accounts that seemed broken under connect integration.

I managed to fix the issue temporarily by disabling voicemail on one of the affected accounts from within Operator Admin > Users. Saving then re-enabling it. This resulted in all broken accounts symlinks correctly updating.

SMTP for voicemail seems to be functioning without issue.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 November 2016 09:42]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

it is quite possible that permissions of the directories are invalid. They should be asterisk:root. Try executing:
root@test:/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail# ls -alR /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/sip-locals/
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/sip-locals/:
total 8
drwxrwxrwx 2 asterisk root     4096 Nov 10 09:21 .
drwxrwxr-x 3 asterisk asterisk 4096 Oct 21 07:06 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk root       40 Nov 10 09:21 10 -> /var/operator/running/voimapfs-mnt/Admin
lrwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk root       56 Nov  3 09:09 13 -> /var/operator/running/voimapfs-mnt/dlouhatanskejuzivatel

I expect you'll see "root root".

A reboot of Operator should be sufficient to fix it. We'll investigate it further and come up with a fix.

Thanks,
Filip
  •  
Oli

Thanks for the extremely quick reply Filip.

We were indeed seeing:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Nov 9 09:14 NUMBER -> /var/spool/operator/voicemail-users/USERNAME

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 49 Nov 9 09:14 NUMBER -> /var/spool/operator/voicemail-users/USERNAME

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 54 Nov 9 08:53 NUMBER -> /var/operator/running/voimapfs-mnt/USERNAME

I previously tried a reboot which didn't fix the issue. However to be absolutely sure I'll do it again tomorrow morning. Would you prefer I update my ticket via my supplier or carry on via this forum post if it doesn't resolve the issue?

Many thanks.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Sorry, forget my last post, it's not a permission issue, but something else.
  •  
Oli

Understood.

Thanks Filip.

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

The issue is indeed caused by a long username<_at_>domain string. It will be fixed in Operator 2.5.2, which is planned for next week.

Thank you for the help,
Filip
  •  
Oli

No problem Filip.

Thanks for the quick work. Excellent as always and thank you 88fingerslukee for the initial post.

Previous Topic: Voicemail of certain user damaged
Next Topic: Call forwarding to external numbers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 09:28:23 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01041 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.