Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Sync/provisioning problems with Snom firmware 8.7.5.35
  •  
Silverstar

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

we have serious problems with our Snom phones running current firmware 8.7.5.35.
We use Snom models 360 and D765.
Both are affected when running on this version.
With the old firmware 8.7.3.19 there were no such problems.
But the old version is no longer supported from Snom and the new phone models can't run it at all so we have to deal with the current version.

That said here comes the description of out sync/provisioning problems.
The phones running the current firware don't respect sync requests from Kerio Operator and also do not load changed settings if rebooted manually.
In fact they only load new settings if we do a factory reset via web interface.

Does anyone have the same trouble, a solution or hint for me?

Thanks & all the best,
Silverstar
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I have a snom 765 running 8.7.5.35 and I don't experience any issues. I've just changed the user of one extension, the phone automatically rebooted and applied the new configuration.

Filip
  •  
Silverstar

Hi Filip,

thanks for your reply.
I think a user change works here too but haven't tried that recently.

Do you use template overrides?
We started to have trouble with our Snoms as of using our new D765 or flashing our 760 to 8.7.5.35.

No matter if the system lately changes the DST here in Germany or if I change some button configurations in the template... the phones with 8.7.5.35 don't respect the changes until I do a reset wia web GUI Sad

Best,
Julian
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Do you have auto-update enabled in the phone settings itself?
I remember from a customer, that they had a default link in the Snom settings, pointing to the latest firmware on the Snom servers.

Result: after applying the firmware via auto-provisioning from Operator, the phone pulled again the update from the Snom servers.

Carsten Maas
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer
Kerio Technologies

Kerio Deutschland youtube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/KerioDeutschland
  •  
Silverstar

Hi Carsten,

the settings regarding the update are
update_policy&: auto_update
update_server!: [internal operator IP]
setting_server&: http://[internal operator IP]/snom765/snom765.php?mac=mac

So I don't think there is a problem like you described but I'm not an expert on this...

Best,
Silverstar
Previous Topic: Custom voice mail and on hold audio
Next Topic: Call history statistics
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 08:53:04 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00941 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.