Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Desktop clients bug (Windows 10 64 bit, Desktop client not closing)
  •  
Jason1234

Send a private message to this user
Using the X in the upper right corner to close the desktop client does not stop the executable. This causes the client to open on it's own but in a minimized state. Only way to recover is close and reopen manually, or right click and restore the window. If you use the File-->Quit menu option the executable does close graciously.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

After closing the window the application continues to run on background with an icon in systray so you can get notifications (eg. event reminders, new messages etc.). To completely shutdown the application please use Quit option.
It is not a bug.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Technical support: http://www.kerio.com/support
------------------
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Jason1234

Ok not a bug. I disagree with the functionality but if I close it and go home for the night when I come back in the morning there is an icon in my task bar (not systray/notification) as if it opened itself overnight. I cannot bring it up without right clicking and closing again or right clicking and restoring. THAT is a bug in my opinion.

NO one to how it was designed. Most software that behaves in this manner (i.e. instant messaging) gives you a warning that it will continue running. There was no warning. The well designed of those programs will ask whether you want it to remain running or close when you click the close button.
  •  
scottwilkins

I found one bug. Since I'm admin, I see the "Archives" folder. But that folder has not updated in the new Client since the update we did to Kerio to 9.2 last week. It's the old folder. In Webmail it works just fine, but not in the new client.

EDIT, never mind. It's an update bug, the change will be seen upon force closing the client and re-opening. Kerio is aware of this and will be fixing it in future.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 November 2016 18:07]

Previous Topic: Mail content not visible
Next Topic: Alias address with multiple receivers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:49:12 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00837 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.