Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » OSX Open Directory LDAP - Yosemite
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
HI,

Recent releases of Server app in OSX (perhaps > 10.9 ) do not include an interface for entering phone numbers that can be queried by LDAP.

As a workaround I am using Apache Directory Studio to add phone numbers after creating LDAP user accounts in Server app.

But, this is clunky and needs various different versions of java which i hate to install on my OD server.

So... Is there a better/easier way to add phone numbers in OSX Open Directory that can be queried by our Operator phones?.

Alternatively, do any recent updates to Kerio Connect allow it to be used effectively as a directory for Operator phones?

Many thanks,

ft.
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

If it's an Android based phone you could install the Kerio Connect sync app. I installed it on my Grandstream GXV3275.
http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/mobi le-devices/kerio-connect-sync-app-for-android-devices-1699.h tml
Another option is to initiate calls from a desktop OS using either the click to call plugin, the Kerio Operator Softphone, or Kerio Connect Client.
http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/keri o-connect-client/making-calls-from-kerio-connect-client-1607 .html

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
fishtech

These are SNOM phones located around the building. They are not located near desktop computers.

They reach out to our Open Directory server.

Any chance they could reach out to Kerio Connect instead?

ft.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

Operator can be configured to provision the phones with directory services. The use of public directory of Kerio Connect is one of the options.

Filip
  •  
Carsten Maas (Kerio)

Previous Topic: COO
Next Topic: New Kerio Operator Softphone vs self-signed certificates
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 22:45:59 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00984 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.