Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Certificate
  •  
mthunholm

Send a private message to this user
I have an invaild certificate, I have read that I need to request a certificate which I have done, but it has been over a month. I am new to this, is there something else I have to do to get certificates to work.

Thanks
  •  
dmartz

Requesting a certificate only gives you a file to shop around with. Keep this file. If you do not have it anymore, delete your "request" entry in Kerio and create a new request.

I suggest looking at www.instantssl.com (cause they are cheap) for purchasing a certificate. During the signup and purchase process, you will need to provide that file kerio generated. It contains all the information the SSL certificate provider needs.

Alternatively you can simply generate one in Kerio and save yourself US$50 annually, but its not really a good idea.

There are other SSL providers, but your looking at hundreds of dollars (assuming US currency) per year. The two main differences that we found between the SSL vendors was
1) the insurance on the certificate
2) how well known the brand is

Keep in mind that SSL is a verification process between your server, the email client, and the SSL certificate provider.

Too bad you waited over a month to ask for help.
  •  
jonbrain

If you are going to have a lot of users on Internet Explorer on PC I would reccomend going for a Thawte Certificate.

Internet Explorer recognises this as a secure certificate and you won't get the initial warning.

The best option is a Verisign certificate as all browsers reconise this, but it is ridiculously overpriced. All depends on your budget.
  •  
mthunholm

Thank you for your help. We are all Macintosh OS X, I have just taking over for the person in charge of the email system, and I have had to deal with all the wonderful bugs still in kerio 6, I appreciate your help.

Thanks!
  •  
mthunholm

Ok new at this once I get the certificate how do I install it on Kerio, they do not have instructions from Verisign. Also do I need certificates?

Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mthunholm wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 18:31

Ok new at this once I get the certificate how do I install it on Kerio, they do not have instructions from Verisign. Also do I need certificates?

Thanks

Information how to import certificate and other informations are in our KnowledgeBase ( http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_a=knowledgebase&_j=q uestiondetails&_i=84) and in KMS manual (http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/ch04s05.html).
Previous Topic: Remote send and receive errors
Next Topic: 6.03
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:49:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.