Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Actual moderating on mailing lists
  •  
JSPR

Send a private message to this user
Hey there,

so, I looked around the forum a bit, and it seems there is actually no option to really have the mailng list being "moderated" in the actual sense of the word, i.e. full control over the list membership and current st members. Only posts I found were from 2008 with an addition from 2010, and one from 2013 with a reply referring to the standard 'How-to' post by kerio staff.

So, as far as I understood this now, there is no way that a non-admin who has the moderator role for a mailing list, can actually see the members currently on the list, nor can he actively add or remove members. He could ask an admin to add/remove a certain address, or, even more tedious, ask the person who controls the email address to send a message with the according suffix to the list to subscribe/unsubscribe. What kinda weird workflow is this supposed to be. This at least makes this feature completely useless as an actively changing distribution list.

If it is asked to much to integrate some function into the web interface to actually moderate the lists you are a moderator for, why isn't there at least suffixes a moderator can use to edit the list? Right now, he basically can't, approving/declining is not moderation. What if the person I want on a list doesn't even know and doesn't need to know of the list? How am I supposed to keep people from creating mails with 700 BCCs, because they cannot edit a mailing list without going through someone with full admin rights for the mail server?

Please correct me, if I'm totally missing something here, but I gonna now search the feature requests for this. If it is not there, I'll create it. Please support it, if you also think that some simple form of managing distribution lists should totally work from the web interface or at least by commands. I mean, the mod can't even send something like listxyz-members<_at_>domain.tld, to get the current addresses on the list... so he has to maintain an outside list, but can't even make sure it correlates to the actual list before sending... the mod shouldn't need to get an admin for this.

Edit:
Just found the ALREADY 7 YEARS OLD SUGGESTION... wo0t?? Please folks... I beg you... head over there and upvote the living hell out of this feature... pretty, pretty please! (Sry, had to edit the link 'cause I don't have the 5 necessary posts, yet...)

hxxp://feedback.kerio.com/forums/29250-kerio-connect/suggest ions/615625-allow-mailing-list-moderators-to-add-remove-an

[Updated on: Thu, 22 December 2016 17:33]

Previous Topic: Delegate calendars not shown on iOS 10 and Kerio Connect 9.2
Next Topic: Reading calendar via API
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon May 01 04:21:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00877 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.