Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » kms 6.02+NOD32
  •  
guig

Send a private message to this user
hi,

after an update to kms 6.02, this message appear in the Error Log :
mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Initialization failed: Cannot init scanner dll (probably because NOD32CC is stopped)

i try to re-install the nod32 module for kms, but the problem continue !

NOD32 is in version 2

what can i do ?

thanks, and sorry for my poor english ;)
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

guig wrote on Sun, 26 September 2004 03:25

hi,

after an update to kms 6.02, this message appear in the Error Log :
mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Initialization failed: Cannot init scanner dll (probably because NOD32CC is stopped)

i try to re-install the nod32 module for kms, but the problem continue !

NOD32 is in version 2

what can i do ?

thanks, and sorry for my poor english Wink

For using NOD32 2.0 with KMS 6 or KWF 6 you must have a proper license file from Eset. Since version 2.0, they are using another licensing for Kerio products.

However, KMS is still able to scan emails with older 1.0 API, but cannot scan archives.
  •  
guig

thanks for this information.
  •  
pwhodges

Hmm - this doesn't really answer the question of what this message means.

I am running the latest version of NOD32, and the latest version of KMS and the plugin, and I have the following error messages (all the software was updated between these messages):

[15/Sep/2004 06:08:51] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Initialization failed: Cannot find nod32api.dll

[27/Sep/2004 11:28:34] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Initialization failed: Cannot init scanner dll (probably because NOD32CC is stopped)

So far I have been told on this forum, and from support:

(14th September 2004, Pavel Dobry): It's just an error message saying that NOD32 2.0 was not found. The antivirus plugin still works with NOD32 1.0. You can verify it in the debug log.

But I have NOD32 v2, not v1.

(15th September 2004, Brian Carmichael): There is a new plugin. You can download it from here:

The plugin hasn't changed that I can see - but I've downloaded it again to be sure.

(26th September 2004, Petr Dobry): For using NOD32 2.0 with KMS 6 or KWF 6 you must have a proper license file from Eset. Since version 2.0, they are using another licensing for Kerio products. However, KMS is still able to scan emails with older 1.0 API, but cannot scan archives.

I have a v2 licence from Eset.

So what is the error message trying to tell me??

Paul
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

pwhodges wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 12:57

Hmm - this doesn't really answer the question of what this message means.

I am running the latest version of NOD32, and the latest version of KMS and the plugin, and I have the following error messages (all the software was updated between these messages):

[15/Sep/2004 06:08:51] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Initialization failed: Cannot find nod32api.dll

[27/Sep/2004 11:28:34] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus update: Initialization failed: Cannot init scanner dll (probably because NOD32CC is stopped)

So far I have been told on this forum, and from support:

(14th September 2004, Pavel Dobry): It's just an error message saying that NOD32 2.0 was not found. The antivirus plugin still works with NOD32 1.0. You can verify it in the debug log.

But I have NOD32 v2, not v1.

(15th September 2004, Brian Carmichael): There is a new plugin. You can download it from here:

The plugin hasn't changed that I can see - but I've downloaded it again to be sure.

(26th September 2004, Petr Dobry): For using NOD32 2.0 with KMS 6 or KWF 6 you must have a proper license file from Eset. Since version 2.0, they are using another licensing for Kerio products. However, KMS is still able to scan emails with older 1.0 API, but cannot scan archives.

I have a v2 licence from Eset.

So what is the error message trying to tell me??

Paul

NOD32 2.x is using two interfaces:
1. API v1 - same as NOD32 v1.x. Kerio cannot scan archives through this API. You need support library from Eset.
2. API v2 - new. You need a special license key file from Eset to make Kerio products working with this API. Username/password for NOD update downloading is not sufficient.

The error message is trying to tell you that you have NOD32 2.x installed but you haven't proper license for using API v2. KMS 6.0.2 will use older API v1 as previous versions of KMS
  •  
pwhodges

PavelDobry wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 14:41

The error message is trying to tell you that you have NOD32 2.x installed but you haven't proper license for using API v2. KMS 6.0.2 will use older API v1 as previous versions of KMS

OK - I bought NOD32 as a package with KMS last December. I have found that I was sent a registration number for KMS, and then one for NOD32 for KMS. I appear only to have a licence file for the first of these, but when I try to register the second, it says that it is already registered, so I guess I mislaid that licence file. How do I get a new copy of the licence file for that registration number?

Paul
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

pwhodges wrote on Tue, 28 September 2004 16:27

PavelDobry wrote on Mon, 27 September 2004 14:41

OK - I bought NOD32 as a package with KMS last December. I have found that I was sent a registration number for KMS, and then one for NOD32 for KMS. I appear only to have a licence file for the first of these, but when I try to register the second, it says that it is already registered, so I guess I mislaid that licence file. How do I get a new copy of the licence file for that registration number?

Paul

You have to contact Eset company or your local reseller. The NOD32 license key for API v2 should be distributed automatically for existing customers of NOD32.
Previous Topic: Boxed Copy.
Next Topic: Outside firewall
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 18:21:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00897 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.