Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » bandwidth limit per User or IP - with one rule
  •  
KimiaCo

Send a private message to this user
Is it possible to set per-user bandwidth controls in one rule without creating a single rule for user?
------------
I would
Using a rule I apply for individual users traffic limits
for example :

number of users : 100
The volume of bandwidth :5 Mbit

Name : DedTrafic
Trafic : MyGroup
Download: 50KB
Upload : Unlimit

Using the above rule:
Dedicated bandwidth per user is 50 kilobytes

[Updated on: Sun, 25 December 2016 21:00]

•  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

The closest option would be use the "Large data transfers" option as this applies per host. In your case, you can set the traffic as "Large data transfers" and assign a limit of 50 KB. This should essentially accomplish what you need.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
KimiaCo

Thank
Is this way
50 KB limit is applied to each user?
And
Do not need a separate rule (In bandwidth management) be defined for each user?
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

I believe that all users who are actively transferring large data will share the 50 KB limit (or whatever value you define), but only the connection that pertains to the large data transfer will apply. I should also note that KB 1739 describes the logic of large data transfers.
http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/bandwidth-optimiza tion/detecting-large-data-transfers-1739.html

Brian Carmichael
  •  
KimiaCo

Thank
Result :
If a rule I set large data transfer
Each user is downloading can not be more than 50 KB use
And
100 users at a time are being downloaded. 5000 KB bandwidth will be used
It is true ?

[Updated on: Fri, 06 January 2017 22:17]

•  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

If 100 users are all downloading a large file such that Kerio Control considers it to be a large data transfer (definition is in KB 1739), then they will share 50 KBps, or whatever rate you define for the rule.

Brian Carmichael
Previous Topic: host DNS table
Next Topic: Block Betternet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 18:57:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.