Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Moving of Kerio Connect to different server with new OS
  •  
Jendislav

Send a private message to this user
Hello folks,
please I would like to ask you for advice in my issue.
I have one server - Windows Server 2008 64bit with Kerio Connect installed - I am unable to update Kerio to latest version there.
I have another brand new server - Windows Server 2016 STD 64bit and I need to move current configuration and emails to this server.
I am unable to update Kerio on the old server and I am unable to install old version of Kerio to brand new server.
So does exist any solution for this issue?
thank you for your support.

Regards,
Jan
  •  
lkacian

Which version of Kerio Connect you have at W2008 ?

Lubor Kacian
FONET Slovakia
  •  
Jendislav

The latest version which supported Win SRV 2008 STD - Kerio Connect 8.5.3 (5082)
  •  
lkacian

I suppose you have 64bit version. If you can not upgrade Kerio Connect on old server to ver 9.0.4p1, try this (8.5.3 is upgradeable to 9.x) :
-Do backup
-Try to install ver 9.0.4 p1 on new server
-stop old Kerio Connect
- I suppose that you know where KConnect files resides on Win server (I use linux only)
-copy directory /store, /sslcert, /settings, /sslcert, /license to new server
-copy files *.cfg to new server
I usually do it on linux servers with rsync tool with no problems.

Lubor Kacian
FONET Slovakia
  •  
Jendislav

Hello Lubor,
thank you for advice, but let to make it little bit difficult - will it work in case of moving from 32bit version to 64bit version? Smile

thank.
Jan
  •  
Jendislav

Well I tried to install mentioned version of Kerio Control, then I edited mailserver.cfg file and it looks good to me. Now I should try to upgrade to latest version of Kerio. Can I make final upgrade? Or do I need to install some higher version and then the latest one?
Thanks.
  •  
lkacian

Which KConnect you want to upgrade ? On old server or on new ?
You can copy dirs and files which I wrote to new server if old servers version is last 32bit (9.0.4p1) to new server with 64bit version 9.x.
After copy you can upgrade new server to latest ver.
I did it many times but on linux servers.

Lubor Kacian
FONET Slovakia
Previous Topic: Kerio Connect Backups Taking Forever
Next Topic: Sophos Antivirus plugin Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Jun 29 03:57:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.