Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Winroute Firewall doesn't work with win2k3!
  •  
de.lesse

Send a private message to this user
anyone problems with winroute firewall and windows 2003???
All works perfect Razz just.... Something very important, the security issue..

ALL PORTS are OPEN Shocked !!! when checking with scan.sygate.com or symantec, all is open..

the internal firewall of win2k3 is disabled..
or is there another solution for this??

using 6.0.4, dhcp of winroute, the rest standard..

ThanX..
  •  
de.lesse

could someone explain something???
  •  
roadrun777

Maybe if you would post your rules settings?

I have run WF on win2k3 machine and did some quick security checks. The ports were stealthed as they should be.

You either don't have it installed correctly or your traffic rules aren't set up right.

•  
de.lesse

i tested with standard rules.... standard installation, all default.....

just installed 2k3 and then kerio.. that's it...
  •  
roadrun777

There are alot of situations where the standard rules don't work.
The wizard created rules for me that weren't really helpful, but then again I understand that its impossible to make a 'wizard' that can fill in the blanks for every type of installation. I usually do not use the wizard at all. Starting with blank rules and defining from there.

You can copy and paste your rules settings and then possibly explain your network setup. Remember that there is no such thing as a useless information when explaining your network.
If your really looking for help and not trying to start a flame war, send me a private msg with an instant messenger contact and I will see if I can help you out with the config settings.

Later...
  •  
de.lesse

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=getfile&id=275

windows-internal-firewall on dial-up and nic are disabled...

why does it work with other os.?? (like xp and 2k)

•  
roadrun777

I know that some people would assume to know what those connections are by the names but I know from experience that people sometimes name stuff bass ackwards (if ya know what I mean).

What exactly is 'Dial-in' ? Is that a incoming RAS connection?
Local Area connection - is that internet (WAN) connection? Or is that your private IP network (LAN)?

The way you have it set up it looks as if your dial-in connection is your internet? if that is the case, then maybe you should name it something more appropiate, and why are you NAT'ing dial-in to dial-in ?
unless those are 2 different networks, that is going to be the first reason its not working.

Can you please explain your connections in detail.
You don't have to give me actuall ip's but you can give me something more to go on than generic names from your rules list.
I could call my connection 'Flying Cow Network' and you wouldn't have a clue what the heck it is, and only I would know its a PPOE dsl WAN connection (which is unsecure).
Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 02 October 2004 20:44]

•  
de.lesse

NAT -> destination must be Dial-UP, then it works....
sorry.... it was just something stupid... but now it works perfect.. now i'm gonna advance the rest....

thanX.. roadrun777..
Previous Topic: KWF & VPN???? Cannot add connection
Next Topic: Open port for Java program
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 22:01:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.