Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Backup recover not as expected (bakup and recovering)
  •  
nausica

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

january the 11th, I have a client who wanted to recover some old emails he lost, so I tried to recover a full backup from the 5Th of January. I did the recovering this morning at 6. So she lost the emails between the 5th and this morning. I did another recover at noon from a full backup at the date of 9th and another full from 11th and I even did a complete one at noon. But she is unable to recover the emails between the 5th and this morning whatever I did. I am stuck doing something wrong but i don't know what.

list of backup
F20170706*.zip
F20170109*.zip
D20170109T130002Z*.zip
C20170111*.zip
  •  
Bud Durland

My understanding is that when recovering from a backup, the recovery process removes mail from the target folder. So if your last backup (full or incremental) is on the 5th, and you do the recovery on the 11th, all existing mail from the the 6th to the 11th will disappear.

You can recover specific folders in the user's account. In order to not lose any mail, first have the user create a new temporary folder, and move existing mail to that. Recover the folder in question, then move the mail back
  •  
nausica

Hey Bud,

Thanks for your answer.

I have had the same thoughts. This is the reason after I recover from the other backups but I never ever got back my emails between the 6th and now. This is the problem. I might be missing something.
Previous Topic: How to create alias domain
Next Topic: Set Out-Of-Office for user by admin-API
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 13:03:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00384 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.