Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » calling a REST API from Kerio Operator (Question related to inteligent house systems)
  •  
Tomas

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I've the following idea:
I use KNX bus in the building where Kerio Operator is going to be installed. Some of my KNX devices like lights or gate are accessible via HTTP GET REST API. The request looks like
h**p: //username:password<_at_> IP/scada-remote?m=json&r=grp&fn=write&alias=0/0/ 1&value=1.
(This request switches one bulb on).

Is it possible to make HTTP Get request as a result of dialing some special number?

I thought it would be possible through "Auto Attendant script". But the only option I have found is to call a different line.

Do you have any suggestion what should I do?

[Updated on: Sat, 14 January 2017 00:08]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

there is currently no support for AGI in Operator. I suggest you to run generic asterisk in another linux VM and terminate these special calls there.

Filip
  •  
Tomas

Thank you for your reply but isn't there really a better solution?

Now I'm in this situation: At this moment I'm testing Kerio Operator. I'm considering to buy 100+ licences for our new building and maybe more for our branches in the future.
One of the most important key features Kerio has is its simple management and easy backup and restoration process. I know it because we've been using Kerio Control for more than 10 years.

But if you force me to maintain an additional Asterisk PBX then these two features simply disappear.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I totally understand that. Currently, there is no GUI interface to configure this. You can manually modify the asterisk configuration files and add your desired functionality. It is however not user-friendly and requires some bash+sed skills. I can provide you with more details on how to do it, if you want.

The reason the feature is not in the GUI is that there would be users who would want to route calls based on the result of the API call. The feature then becomes quite complicated.
Previous Topic: Operator 2.5.0 pretty slow AMI Interface
Next Topic: Yealink W52P Passing DID as Caller ID
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Jan 18 08:56:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00850 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.