Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Kerio Operator 2.5.3
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Kerio Operator 2.5.3 was published. The version comes with the following changes:

Kerio Operator
- Improved stability of the web server.
- Improved stability of Firebird.
- Fixed Call Queues not calling agents under certain conditions.
- Fixed hanging up calls from Kerio Connect.
- Changes to music on hold apply immediately.
- Computer call video offer is not sent to SIP providers unless configured otherwise.
- Resolved CPU and memory spikes when multiple Kerio Operators run on the same host.
- Fixed errors after removing custom provisioning modules.
- Fixed example provisioning modules 1 - 4.

Kerio Operator Administration
* Packet sniffer starts on all interfaces by default.
* Call parking timeout limit increased.
- Phone types are updated after uploading a custom provisioning module.
- A notification is displayed when software maintenance expires.

Kerio Operator Softphone for desktop/web
* Kerio Operator Softphone with computer calls enabled can be used on a different port (if mapped on a firewall).
- Fixed click to dial behavior when user is logged out.
- Camera is released when leaving the settings screen.
- Calls to nonexisting numbers can be ended.
- Stability improvements of the interface.

Salesforce mini app
* Optimized app loading time.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 March 2017 17:06]

•  
Think Fixed

Upgrading Kerio Operator through the web admin has been a pain through several versions. Every time we update, we have to try several times before we get a successful update. The update process will display a message saying "Please wait, upgrade is in progress", but the upgrade does not actually complete. Finally, after repeated attempts, the upgrade will actually work. This is completely different from Connect, and Control. What's the difference between Kerio Operator upgrades and Connnect, and Control? I had to manually download the upgrade image, and upload it to Operator. That finally made the upgrade work. Since I have never worked with an Operator appliance, I don't know if this is an issue with Operator hosted in Kerio Cloud, or if the appliance will act this way too. What's going on?

Howie Isaacks
Systems Engineer | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that, can you please send me logs from the product?

Do I understand correctly, that the issue only happens with the automatic download of the upgrade image?

Best,
Filip
  •  
steinham

Hi!

IMO there is no reason why automatic download fails while manual upload suceeds...

Do you use same internet line / connection to download update image in both cases?
Sounds like some network issue for me. Is possible that some third party software (e.g. antivirus, firewall etc.) can modify downloaded file?

THX

•  
Think Fixed

M. Steinhauser (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 20 January 2017 04:30
Hi!

IMO there is no reason why automatic download fails while manual upload suceeds...

Do you use same internet line / connection to download update image in both cases?
Sounds like some network issue for me. Is possible that some third party software (e.g. antivirus, firewall etc.) can modify downloaded file?

THX

I certainly hope it's not an internet connection issue. Our Operator server is hosted by Kerio Cloud! The download is occuring on the Operator server. Not my computer. This was the automatically downloaded update.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Think Fixed

Filip Jenicek (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 20 January 2017 02:28
Hi,

I am sorry to hear that, can you please send me logs from the product?

Do I understand correctly, that the issue only happens with the automatic download of the upgrade image?

Best,
Filip

I'm happy to do that. How can I send the log? This happens even when I manually download the update from the web admin.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
steinham

Hi again!

Please:
- go to Logs -> debug Log
- right click anywhere in the log
- from context menu select "Messages..."
- Set up "Update Checker Activity" checkbox

Then try to make automatic update (you can downgrade Operator by uploading 2.5.2 file from http://download.kerio.com/archive/)

When update fails again:
- go to Status -> System Health
- click on "Support information" link (small, at the bottom
- download the supportInfo.zip file and send it to our support (go to dashboard, "Contact Technical Support..." button

Thank You very much!

•  
Think Fixed

M. Steinhauser (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 20 January 2017 07:12
Hi again!

Please:
- go to Logs -> debug Log
- right click anywhere in the log
- from context menu select "Messages..."
- Set up "Update Checker Activity" checkbox

Then try to make automatic update (you can downgrade Operator by uploading 2.5.2 file from http://download.kerio.com/archive/)

When update fails again:
- go to Status -> System Health
- click on "Support information" link (small, at the bottom
- download the supportInfo.zip file and send it to our support (go to dashboard, "Contact Technical Support..." button

Thank You very much!

I'm sorry. I'm not going to downgrade just to experiment and collect logs.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 January 2017 17:16]

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

How much RAM is used/available on that system? What about free storage space? If there is not enough memory or storage available then the upgrade does not succeed.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
Think Fixed

Brian Carmichael (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 20 January 2017 09:53
How much RAM is used/available on that system? What about free storage space? If there is not enough memory or storage available then the upgrade does not succeed.

Here's a screenshot that should provide the answers. If our storage was full, then I would not have been able to manually upload the upgrade image.

[Updated on: Fri, 20 January 2017 17:17]

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

512 RAM is not sufficient for production environments of recent versions of Kerio Operator. I believe the update is failing due to this. Regardless, new instances of Kerio Operator use 1 GB but it seems your instance is still using 512. Open a ticket with the support team and they will upgrade the memory of your appliance.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
Think Fixed

Brian Carmichael (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 20 January 2017 16:06
512 RAM is not sufficient for production environments of recent versions of Kerio Operator. I believe the update is failing due to this. Regardless, new instances of Kerio Operator use 1 GB but it seems your instance is still using 512. Open a ticket with the support team and they will upgrade the memory of your appliance.

Our Operator server was setup with GetSync'd in the Summer of 2015. Perhaps the system requirements were different at that time. I will send in the support ticket. Thanks for looking into this.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Agador

One odd thing I noticed after upgrading to 2.5.3 build 6630.

In the Call History, we have one extension (117) that now reports as "lineweb-117".

The device is no different than any of our other SNOM370 phones. The symbol in the Call History is different as well....

Here is a screen shot of what we are getting now:

./fa/4551/0/

What does this mean and why the change?

Jim
  •  
Think Fixed

We got the memory upgraded. I guess we will know if this solves the upgrading problem the next time and upgrade is released.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
Previous Topic: User will decide if voicemail record or not
Next Topic: Yealink W56P Support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 01:04:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00584 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.