Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Allow external mailserver to forward own domains to myself
  •  
Spacey

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

my topic sounds a bit weird but it's easy:

I'm hosting domain.de on my kerio server.
I've got an eMail-Address @me.com. I don't want to use that account anymore directly so I've set up a forwarder within icloud.com to me<_at_>domain.de. This is working great for any other (external) domains besides domain.de.

The problem now: When someone from domain.de (kerio server itself) sends (accidently) an eMail to the @me.com address, then the <_at_>me.com servers want to forward that email to my kerio which denies to accept the eMail:

- - -
Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.7.1 Authentication Required
- - -

I guess the problem is that my kerio thinks that me.com tries to send a domain.de email which the kerio is responsible on it's own.

Since there are lot's of eMail-Servers (IPs) for me.com mailserver I can't simply whitelist a single IP or a specific network.

Any solution here how to configure my kerio correctly for this?

Kind regards!
  •  
Think Fixed

Why don't you just configure a filter on the Kerio Connect server to redirect emails sent to your me.com email account to your "domain.de" account? You can do this in the Kerio Connect admin in the message filters section. This means that the outgoing email will never actually go to me.com. The Kerio Connect server will follow the rule, and simply redirect it to your "domain.de" account. This is assuming that you're running one of the later versions of Kerio Connect. This feature did not exist before Connect 9.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 January 2017 17:59]

Howie Isaacks
Systems Engineer | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Spacey

Nope... we need the option to send to other <_at_>me.com accounts. I can't just forward everything to kerio accounts. :/
  •  
Think Fixed

You will still be able to as long as you setup the filter to be ONLY YOUR me.com account. Trust me on this. I've used this feature many times.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
  •  
Spacey

Hi!

OK, this works.... but I've got to create a rule for every <_at_>me.com Account we've got here!

My idea just to allow all <_at_>me.com eMails would have been easier.

Laughing
  •  
Think Fixed

Or you could just educate your users to WATCH WHAT THEY'RE DOING when they send emails. The filter rules work great for us. It's just a matter of learning how to use them properly.

Howie Isaacks

www.thinkfixed.com
Previous Topic: synchronizing with Kerio
Next Topic: Kerio Connect Client (and Desktop) search bug or feature?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Jun 28 22:58:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.