Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » IPsec Routing Problem
  •  
Arash Barakizade

Send a private message to this user
Hi

i have kerio control on my HQ and a branch office,ive established a IPsec Tunnel between them and ive advertised both remote and local networks correctly,tunnel is up.

the issue is,i have ping to everyhost from HQ to Branch office,but its not working on the Branch office,the branch office can not ping any host from there to HQ.

ive checked my routing table,i have automatic routes from IPsec tunnel,that shows if you wanted to reach HQ local network traffic would cross over the Tunnel,but when i trace route from Branch Office's Kerio instead of crossing over tunnel,it goes to internet connection and routes from my public.
i also have to say the metric of these automatic routes in Branch Office is 10,but (clearly) on HQ is 0.
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
From what you mentioned in your post:

- Two Kerio COntrol servers connected via an IPSec tunnel
- Both LAN subnets properly advertised to the other side

...things should work. It makes no sense that if there is a system route that points through the IPSec tunnel in order to reac the remote LAN, that the ping to an IP address on that remote LAN would get routed through the regular Internet instead of through the tunnel. The only possibility of this happening is if there is another route that is taking precedence.

Also, the fact that you can ping from the HQ to the branch office, indicates that routing the ping replies through the VPN tunnel on the way back is working fine.

Check the traffic rules on both Kerio COntrol to make sure that trafic from branch to HQ is allowed.

Also, make sure that there is no overlap between the subnets on both sides of the tunnel.

Make sure that the individual machines in the branch office know teh route to the HW subnet, or that they use Kerio Control as the default gateway.

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
Previous Topic: CONFIGURACION DEL PROXY??
Next Topic: Fair Bandwidth share
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Feb 28 15:51:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00812 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.