Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » GXW410X OUTGOING CALLS (unable to choose port nor line)
  •  
Roy Batty

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,

First here is my config:

- Kerio Operator

- GrandStream GXW4108 and 6 of 8 analog line port are populated

- GrandStream phones GXP2160 Phones.

For configuration of the GXW4108 we have follow instruction from this link at:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-operator/gateways/configur ing-kerio-operator-and-grandstream-gxw-4104-4108-for-calls-o ver-analog-telephone-lines-1805.html

Everything work great except the selection of outgoing line!

So on GXP2160 we have a possibilities of 6 line, for example, when we make call we select by example line 2, but system dont select line 2 on GXW4108 it alway select last line.

The only way i can select the line/port is to add prefix but it is not very reliable because redialing not work when we want to redial on another line of the dialed one because of the prefix.

We will like to use send to port or account but this is not working and i don't have a good example to do that.

I don't figure out how to manage that, any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

-Roy
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't have any solution other that the prefix one. Why would you want to select the outbound line? To switch between external phone numbers, or just to select a free analog line? In VoIP world users should not need to care which line the call leaves. The mapping of external/internal numbers can be done on the call routing screen.

Filip
  •  
Roy Batty

Hi Filip,

Thanks for your reply.

You right, the only way i can choose my line is by the prefix...

Why we want to choose line:

We have 6 analog lines, line 1,2,3 are in cascade and line 4,5,6 are distinct.

So i can leave line 1,2,3 to be routed by Kerio, but line 4,5,6 need to be selectable from line key of the Grandstream phones, i have been able to do that, but when i choose one of the lines 4,5,6 the other phones was not aware that line is in use! so if i use line 4 and another user want to use line 4 the system let other user to use line 4 and when user are finishing dialing then line shutdown because i'm already on line 4, but this is not very convenient! on our old norstar when line 4 was in use all users could see that line is in use on their phones so they take next available one...

So my question is this:

1 - On phones we want to see which lines is in use, because if all line are busy users would want to see if any line are available !

2 - We want to use line 4,5,6 because each of theses lines have proper area code so want to call to New-York area we select line 4, and want to call to France we select line 5 and so on...

Regards,

-Roy

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2017 18:31]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I understand it now. Unfortunately I don't have any advice for you. There is a BLF functionality, but it can't switch state based on prefixes.

Filip
Previous Topic: Operator 2.5.1 fax problem
Next Topic: Netmask issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 20:54:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.