Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector password not saved
  •  
IT_UP

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

at first, sorry for the bad english. I don't talk it much since school and some vocabularies are gone Very Happy

we are using KerioConnect 9.2.1 and Kerio Outlook Connector. Our clients are mostly Win7 with Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016. New clients we buy are using Win10 with Office 2016.

Now we have a problem with the new clients. Everytime Outlook starts Kerio asks for the Mailpassword. Even when you save it, after closing and opening Outlook again it is "lost".

We upgraded some clients from Win7 to Win10, they work just fine. Even with Office 2016. Just new clients seem to have this problem.

When entering the windows control panel and configuring Mail, the password is also not saved when using Kerio Outlook Connector. When using POP3 or IMAP for example the password can be saved.

I would appreciate any kind of help Smile
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

Hard to say without seeing the log. Normally I would say that it seems like some issue with DPAPI that is used to save encrypted passwords by KOFF. However, POP3 and IMAP save passwords using the same API.

Second option is the content of the password. Have you tried that same password can be saved on older clients and can't be saved on new one?

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
  •  
IT_UP

Hi,

I was searching the web and found an issue someone had with his exchange-password. I tried to follow his steps and ended in the Credential Manager. It didn't start due to an error so i checked the error and found this page: www.quora.com/How-To-Resolve-Credential-Manager-Error-0x8009 0345-In-Windows-8-1
I don't have Win8.1 but I didn't care. I made this change in registry and the Credential Manager was working again. I found no entry and I just tried starting Outlook. He asked for the password and I entered it. Still no change in Credential Manager. I closed Outlook and opened again and since then he did not ask for a password again.

I will try this on some more of our clients
Previous Topic: Kerio POP3 downloads mails twice
Next Topic: Move STORE to new partition.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Apr 24 22:59:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01182 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.