Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector - offline when cellular connection used
  •  
EdRoxter

Send a private message to this user
Hey everyone,

wondering if anyone encounters the same problem:

A user has a laptop with a Sierra EM7455 mobile chipset. As soon as he's only connected with this adapter, Kerio Outlook Connector shows the gray "I'm offline" icon. As soon as he connects via cable or WLAN, it goes online.

I've narrowed it down to this: In his System Settings>Adapter Settings>IPv4 Settings, the adapter has an empty IP address, so KOFF may think that there is no connection with this adapter.

But: In the connection details, as well as with ipconfig and "route PRINT", the adapter has an IP address assigned. All other traffic works flawlessly, including accessing our Kerio server's webmail interface with Internet Explorer (which should use the same proxy and other system settings as Kerio, right?).

I'm not sure why the network adapter behaves like this (guess it gets assigned an IP via its driver rather than standard protocols like DHCP), but it obiously leads to KOFF thinking that there is no network connection at all.

Funny side fact: Opening the Kerio account settings in Outlook, then clicking "Retrieve info" works flawlessly. This one apparently doesn't care which online/offline status KOFF thinks it's in.

In the same situation, another Outlook profile with an Exchange account gives a warning about "Limited Connectivity", but it's possible to click a "Connect nonetheless" button and then synchronization works.

Is there any workaround to tell KOFF: "Yeah, I know it looks like you're offline, but if you just try to connect to mykerioserver.com:443, you'll see that it works!"

Windows 10 Pro with Kerio Connect/KOFF 9.2.1.

Thanks for any input!

Nico
  •  
Bud Durland

Because it's Win10, which has some features/concessions to being at least in part a phone OS, perhaps there's some type of setting that says "don't let this app (Kerio) use cellular data?"
  •  
Pavel Dostal (Kerio)

This is my guess. KOFF is using Outlook's Offline State API to check Outlook's connection status (to handle online/offline changes in Outlook). So I suppose Outlook is reporting offline status and KOFF stays in offline.
There is no Offline State API in profile configuration, so KOFF just tries to connect and it works.

Sorry, there is no way how to make KOFF to connect if Outlook reports offline status.

Pavel Dostal
Kerio Technologies
Previous Topic: Public Folder sync to Outlook 2013
Next Topic: Kerio Connect Client goes permanently Offline
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 01:57:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.