Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2016 for Mac and shared calanders (When shared calendars are enabled, you can send email with that shared user. )
  •  
Mathijs

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I wonder if this is a feature or bug in Outlook 2016 for Mac. But after migrating from Apple Mail to Outlook 2016 we notice that when we create a new email we get a list of users to choose from. This list only show up when we activate Shared Calendars.

Apple Mail and Webmail doesn't give us the same results and I double check the shared/delegate status. So I guess it must be a Microsoft thing Rolling Eyes .

I included a screen-shot with the list of users when creating a new email. There is only one account configured named "Mass IT", others are activated through Shared Calendars.

Hope somebody can help us out cause its quite annoying.

•  
b-tom

It's not a bug. It's a feature called Delegation. Smile You are able to send emails on behalf of these users.

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/os-x/delegation-in -microsoft-outlook-2011-1506.html

[Updated on: Thu, 02 March 2017 14:14]

•  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Mathijs,

While 'B-Tom' is correct that delegation does allow uses to send on behalf of people, you can get the behavior you are seeing from giving someone not just 'delegation' permissions but from 'Sharing' permissions as well.

A shared calendar does give the user a drop down option in the from feild, this is a 'Quirk' of Outlook for Mac. If you are worried about uses being able to send as someone else when they have not been given the rights to do so then you can enable the 'Anti-Spoofing' feature in Kerio Connect:

http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/server-configurati on/security/configuring-anti-spoofing-in-kerio-connect-1491. html

This will then still allow delegated users to be able to send out as another user but it will stop people that just have share rights to a users calendar from being able to send out as the other user.

I hope this helps,

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
Previous Topic: Connect to Kerio Using C# webAPI
Next Topic: Webdav im Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Apr 26 15:47:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00893 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.