Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration options
  •  
ucemike

Send a private message to this user
I've recently picked up a project left by a former employee and need to sort out some details. We're migrating from a imap/unix based mailsystem to Kerio.

What are my options to bulk migrate mail from our existing imap system to Kerio?

Can we do it on the file side and just migrate data that way? I've seen mention of a migration tool that does it over imap directly (need username/pwd). Are there any pros/cons to that?

Just trying to get a starting point to begin research since we're kinda in a lurch on this. Rolling Eyes
  •  
Vicky Tripp (Kerio)

Hi Mike,

The Kerio IMAP migration tool is a good tool for this kind of sceanrio. It will allow you to import your users existing username/password by importing via a csv file. Below is a link to the KB article we have on the migration tool:

http://kb.kerio.com/1468

I have had many customers use the IMAP migration tool just fine and it does what it says on the tin. One thing to bear in mind is that technically speaking Calendars and Contacts are not handled by IMAP so you will need to be prepared to export these via other methods for users that need them on Kerio Connect. So you could export them via a client such as Outlook and then import them back into the Kerio account for the user once its setup in the client.

I hope this helps a little,

[Updated on: Thu, 09 March 2017 17:26]

Vicky Tripp
Kerio Technical Support Engineer
  •  
ucemike

Vicky Tripp (Kerio) wrote on Sun, 05 March 2017 10:17
Hi Mike,

The Kerio IMAP migration tool is a good tool for this kind of sceanrio. It will allow you to import your users existing username/password by importing via a csv file. Below is a link to the KB article we have on the migration tool:

I have had many customers use the IMAP migration tool just fine and it does what it says on the time. One thing to bear in mind is that technically speaking Calendars and Contacts are handled by IMAP so you will need to be prepared to export these via other methods for users that need them on Kerio Connect. So you could export them via a client such as Outlook and then import them back into the Kerio account for the user once its setup in the client.

I hope this helps a little,

It's a good start point. Thank you for the reply, I'll do some digging and see how the tool works and if we can make it work for our systems.

Previous Topic: UTF8 Encoding in mail listing
Next Topic: Active Directory Contact Sync to Kerio Connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue May 23 10:49:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00691 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.