Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook for Mac 2016 Store Button
  •  
Miles.Kelly97

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys,

I need some help with this one. I am currently testing out Outlook for Mac 2016 version 15.33. One of the little things that I have noticed is there is no map integration like in Apple Calendars when typing a location. So I had a look and you can get an add in for Outlook from the Office store, but the only way to download this add in is through the in app store.

But when I try to find the store button inside of Outlook it isn't there...

So I contacted Microsoft support on the issue and they seemed to think it was because it wasn't an Exchange server. I have plugged my account into Outlook and it thinks it is an Exchange account. Surely this can be the case.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Thanks
Miles
  •  
Think Fixed

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect uses Exchange Web Service to work with Outlook on Mac. Therefore, it is setup as an "Exchange" account. Maybe there is some additional data that a true Exchange server pushes through that makes this feature work. It would seem to me that the backend processes on the server would need to support this. I remember that this was not initially supported by Kerio Connect using CalDAV in Apple's Calendar app, but it is now. If this is a really important feature for you, then perhaps it's best to switch to Apple's Calendar app instead. Honestly, I hate Outlook for Mac. It has nice features, but its performance with larger mailboxes is horrible.

Howie Isaacks
Systems Engineer | Apple Solutions Consultant
Think Fixed LLC, Dallas and Fort Worth

www.thinkfixed.com
Previous Topic: problem with some emails
Next Topic: Delete standard rule "sent direct with DNS-MX"?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 10:44:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.