Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Forward unknown user
  •  
antonpeer

Send a private message to this user
Hallo to the Kerio team,

i have a question that i just found discussed in 2013 but there was no solution an we have need of it.

We are a Reseller an have some Clients with the following configuration:
They have 20 mailadresses but they want integrate only 10 in Kerio, the other will be used by their family members an they don't want to configure them in the company and also to reduce their costs.

Now when i would like to send a mail to one of the family members Kerio can't found them because Kerio works as authoritative mailserver and they aren't configured on the Server but forwarding will not work because the mailprovider forces user authentication but this is not possible on Kerio.

Will this feature be integrated in future or at least the possibility that on the forward page can be choosen the relay smtp Server or is there any other possibility to configure this need.

Cause i saw that the discussion was interrupted without a solution i hope there is a way otherwise we must take a look for an other Software but we would prefer to keep Kerio Connect.

Best regards
  •  
Maerad

Send a private message to this user
You can make an alias address and point it to an external mail address. Depending on the external mail address, you might need to add the kerio server to the trusted sources, so it can send/forward the mail in the name of the sender. Usually this should work out of the box... at least it did for me X_x

If the external server wont allow this, you could also set up your own mail server like hmailserver (open source windows mail server) and do the auth for kerio there. With changed ports this would even work locally and you could add in hmailserver kerio as smtp relay, so they can send the mails with kerio. or directly with hmailserver. HMailserver would be the host then for the mails. B

Actually your request is quite specific and I doubt you will find a mail server that can do that.

Maybe you could check unter SMTP > SMTP Dlivery > ADD the relay option - theres a "use relay server" option with sending or outgoing mail address - maybe this could also work with aliases?

[Updated on: Thu, 16 March 2017 11:47]

Previous Topic: Sync Conflict with KOFF and Outlook 2010
Next Topic: Web client UI very slow
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Jul 22 06:49:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.