- Zdenek Samuel (Kerio)
I am pleased to announce a new version of Kerio Connect is available for you to download. Highlights of the release include replacing the antivirus engine (powered by Sophos) with an antivirus engine (powered by Bitdefender) and numerous bug fixes.
Bitdefender will be phased in as the antivirus engine for both Kerio Control and Kerio Connect. The Sophos antivirus engine will continue to work normally in older deployments and receive updates according to the following schedule.
- March 23, 2017 - 9.2.2 released with Kerio Antivirus powered by Bitdefender in all new installations
When upgrading to or installing 9.2.2, Bitdefender will be the anitvirus engine.
Sophos will continue to operate on installations running earlier versions of the product.
- March 28, 2018* - Sophos antiviurs engine in all deployments will no longer receive updates. This affects installations running version 9.2.1 and earlier of Kerio Control and Kerio Connect.
*Dates are subject to change.
Refer to the release notes for a complete list of improvements.
Download Connect 9.2.2.
Changes since 9.2.1:
* Sophos Antivirus was replaced with Kerio Antivirus which is based on the Bitdefender antivirus engine.
* Performance of IMAP Auto-Expunge was improved.
* The server on Mac OS X waits some period of time until a volume where is a message store located is mounted.
* Java Runtime Environment was upgraded to version 8u121.
* Login pages use relative redirect to application allowing to use HTTP proxy with https->http translation.
* The domain rename reliability was improved.
- Fixed problem that some folders cannot be deleted using Microsoft Outlook 2013 and IMAP protocol.
- Shared folders were not unsubscribed in IMAP after unsharing.
- Testing maximum size of outgoing messages didn't work properly in the distributed domain.
- Message filters no longer append extra header if an input data for a header modification are not correct.
- Some S/MIME signed messages sent using Exchange ActiveSync were modified by Kerio Connect.
- Related messages were not grouped together on BlackBerry 10 devices connected by Exchange ActiveSync.
- Full-text store can be created now on a virtual disk or empty partition and ignores default system folders.
- Fixed problem with read-only exceptions of recurrent events in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2016.
- Sendmail utility now uses server FQDN instead of a hostname as an alternative sender email domain.
- POP3 download sorting rules could incorrectly match some custom email headers (eg. Received-SPF).
! Exchange ActiveSync: Rename and move operations are not allowed anymore for shared and public folders.
- Kerio Active Directory Extensions (KADE) installer failed to run on Microsoft Windows 10 even if Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) are installed.
- Fixed Quota notification reports when affected user has no full name.
- XMPP service did not sync user details after server default certificate change.
- Fixed possible duplication of CardDAV groups.
- Fixed password change notification on macOS with shared CardDAV accounts.
- Fixed shared calendar rights when removing through Kerio Outlook Connector.
- Fixed time zone offset issues.
- Fixed Jabber service status in Administration services view.
- Opening property databases could fail when Data Deduplication is enabled on Microsoft Windows Server.
- Fixed few stability issues.
Kerio Connect Client application for Mac and Windows
- Attachment with national or special characters in the name could not be sent from Microsoft Word or Microsoft Windows file explorer.
- Some HTML links were opened directly in Kerio Connect Client application instead of the default web browser.
- Fixed a problem with the system registry update during the installation/uninstallation on Microsoft Windows.
- Keyboard navigation did not work properly in the contact list.
- Some name characters of downloaded files are incorrectly encoded.
Kerio Connect Administration
- Users mapped from a directory service did not inherit access rights from a group.
- Recovery items are not related to Deleted Items folder only (an item type is respected)
Kerio Connect Client
+ User can now use email addresses also for domain aliases.
+ Upload progress can be aborted now.
* Email addresses that include multiple hyphens in domain name pass validation in new email composer.
* Fixed displaying of read email as unread in Trash.
* Email attachments added with drag&drop preserve their file names.
* Calendar search shows events in visible calendars only.
- Download all attachments can fail if a connection was established via Apache proxy server.
- Contact avatars were not displayed in a contact group.
- Fixed "Display images" in an email body for Safari 6.X and 7.0.X.
- Fixed error message when printing calendar with 2 repeating events starting at midnight.
Kerio Outlook Connector
+ Added possibility to work with "Send Notification" filtering rule containing custom Subject.
* Spam action used in mapped folder moves message to a private Junk Email folder.
* Not Spam action used in mapped folder moves message to a private Inbox folder.
- Fixed incorrectly displayed start/end time of all-day events created on iOS devices.
- Fixed crash when updating start/end time of recurrent events with exceptions.
- Items in mapped calendar marked as private no more prevent sending calendar detail by email.
- Name of items in mapped calendar marked as private is correctly translated.
- Work with profile configuration when authenticating to Kerio Connect is much faster now.
- Weekly events with frequency of every 2 weeks (or less) are no more displayed one-week shifted.
[Updated on: Fri, 24 March 2017 09:48] by Moderator
Director of QA
If I have the old Sophos Antivirus engine licensed, will this license be valid for the new Kerio Antivirus as well? So can I just upgrade from 9.2.1 to 9.2.2 with my licensed Sophos Antivirus, and Kerio Antivirus will then remain licensed furthermore?
- Pavel Dobry (Kerio)
Yes, integrated antivirus remains licensed if you have a valid Software Maintenance with antivirus extension. The license contains "Antivirus extension" regardless what AV engine is currently used in the product (Sophos, Bitdefender). So for Kerio Connect 9.2.2 no license change is required.
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum
members and may contain information and material posted by members which may
be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not
intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any
information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the
posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in
the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the
discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the
company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to
monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of