Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Greylist and delivery problems.
  •  
dwittig

Send a private message to this user
We are having a problem sending to a small number of sites (mostly universities), who are using an anti-spam product named Greylist. The product forces a mailserver to try delivery again later (logging the first attempt in a database). On the second delivery attempt, the message is allowed. The concept is that real mailservers will come back to re-deliver, and spamers or spam-bots will not.

The problem we are having is that Kerio seems to be interpreting the "try again later" type smtp message from Greylist as an "undeliverable" type error message, so the Kerio server does not retry delivery later, it simply declares the message as undeliverable.

I can include more info (showing specific error messages and such), but first, I just wanted to see if anyone else was seeing anything similar.

We are using version 5.1.7.

Thanks.
  •  
freakinvibe

I am sending to mail servers with greylist support as well and have no problems. The message stays in the queue and is resent after 30 mins. It then gets delivered.

It all depends on the error code. There is a range or codes that request a retry and another range for permanent failures (like mailbox not known).

I have version 5.7.10 and there are no problems.

Regards, Pascal
  •  
jledbett

I seem to be having a similar problem.

This is an informative message sent by Kerio MailServer 6.0.3 at mail.staveco.com.
The server was not able to deliver your mail message to the following addresses:

<some.user<at>roadway.com> (mail02.roadway.com: 451 4.3.0 Tempfailed: Your server should auto-resend)

But it doesnt appear to be resending.

Any ideas?

James
  •  
dwhitfield

I had a problem with greylists, too, back when I first implemented. I believe all I had to do to resolve it was increase the "Delivery retry interval" on the Queue Options tab of the SMTP Server container in the admin console (the exact location may vary per version, ours is 6.0.3). It was retrying too soon for the servers that use greylists to be ready for another attempt.
  •  
jledbett

In this situation should the sender, my user, recieve a notification immediately after sending? Or should it follow the defualt 45 minutes to notity a sender if it fails.

James
  •  
jledbett

Just to update this. I spoke with Support, this was already a known bug to them. I just went ahead and changed our mail to relay through our provider. Hopefully they arent using Kerio. Also mentioned maybe in the next update or two. Next update 3-4 weeks at least.

BUG # 4672
Previous Topic: POP3 duplicate emails when user changes password
Next Topic: 800x600 + webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:41:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.