Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Memory usage going up slowly (I'm seeing memory usage growing every day)
  •  
Reinaldo

Send a private message to this user
Hi There,
Is anybody else seeing this behavior? I'm seeing memory usage going up without an apparent reason.
Running 9.2.2 upgraded from 9.2.1.
See picture attached.
It looks like there is a problem here.
I've seen someone else talking about this issue one week ago.

Regards,
Reinaldo

•  
Reinaldo

Hi,
I need a position from Kerio Technical people.
If this is totally (it is not) please let us know your point of view.
Thanks.
Reinaldo
  •  
silars

Since these are the user forums, I believe we are mainly fortunate that they are so active and helpful.

You may need to pursue proper support channels to get an official answer.

Generally, you would expect RAM usage to increase over time depending on which features are enabled.
  •  
Reinaldo

Hi Silars,

This is a very peculiar behavior of this version since the older ones were not presenting this memory usage.
It starts with 800MB and after 2 weks the usage is around 2GB!
This is not normal since nothing is changing in the network. No new rules are being created.
You have the picture.
Waiting for some of our Kerio friends to take a look at it.
Regards,
Reinaldo
  •  
silars

Do you have older records of memory usage before 9.2.2/9.2.1? What you capture there shows something on the order of 1.2GB start to 1.6GB end. Roughly, a 33% increase, but well below available memory. It is also showing a slowing trend. If it was a memory leak, they tend to have linear effects (at least until 100% utilization), not logarithmic.

Do you have HTTP caching enabled? They may have made some changes recently to be more aggressive in using available memory. There were some fixes with it as well.

Finally, they recommend 4GB of RAM with the 9.x versions due to the 64-bit impacts. I know I had some strange behaviors when I assigned less than 4GB to the Control VM, though, you may not be VM based.

For comparison, I'm only showing about 650MB of 3.87GB in use, but I have a rather small implementation.
  •  
Reinaldo

Hi Silars,
Thanks for your reply.
In the older versions I remmeber seeing numbers around 700KB only!
These are the technical requirements directly from Kerio website:
Software Appliance
CPU: 500 MHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard drive: 8 GB HDD space for OS, product, logs and statistics data
Network interface: 2 Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbit)

I have very few users as well and very low activity so nothing implies such a high memory usage.
Maybe Kerio should give us its position here.
Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 April 2017 20:48]

•  
Leo2015

Experiencing similar symptoms with Kerio Control 3100. The RAM issue began prior to 9.2.2 though. With 9.2.1 the RAM usage would climb somewhere above 90%, and at some random point, the device would automatically reboot. We haven't seen the reboot issue since installing 9.2.2, but the RAM issue continues. We have a support case open because the new Kerio AV will not update due to the high RAM usage. They have recommended a factory reset on the appliance, then restoring the configuration from a backup. We cannot afford the downtime, so we have not performed the reset. The AV will update after a reboot since the RAM usage is way down after a fresh start. HELP PLEASE KERIO!!!
  •  
dskbass

I am also experiencing leo2015's exact issue an a Kerio Control Box and also cant afford downtime. Before I open a ticket has anyone heard from Kerio support about this.

Thanks
  •  
Oli

We're also having this issue on our 3000 series box.

•  
DaCapo

I have the same problem.
Lowspace(RAM) every 7-10 days.

9.2.2 build 2172
Virtual Software Appliance
2GB RAM

Kerio please help!

•  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

The minimum system requirement for Kerio Control is 2 GB of memory. Ideally, you should configure the system with a minimum of 4 GB. You can save some memory by disabling the application awareness feature if you do not use it.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
gvn_kerio

We have the same issue, but with Kerio Connect version 9.2.3 (2929) on Windows Server 2012 R2
RAM will slowly crawl up towards 18 GB of RAM, and the server becomes unusable (Server has 24 GB of RAM)

At around 15-16 GB of RAM the server starts getting slow (web interface, and delayed emails)

The only way to fix this is to reboot the entire server, if we try to restart the kerio connect service, it will just stand in the "stopping" state forever.

Here you can see the RAM usage on this Kerio server, the sudden fall in the graph was our last restart of the server.

./fa/4710/0/

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated, this is quite a big problem for us, we have many customers on this server and we must have 99% uptime.

Regards.
Gert

Previous Topic: Kerio Control VPN Client 9.2.3 fails to install on Windows 10 Version 1703
Next Topic: No country for ip address (GeoIP)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 02:06:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00579 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.