Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » VLAN Tagging option unavailable
  •  
ESP Projects

Send a private message to this user
I'm following the guide here: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/interfaces/configu ring-vlans-1229.html to enable vlan tagging on our Kerio Control NG300 but the option to "Create VLAN subinterfaces" is grayed out. The setup I am trying to achieve is simply 2 vlans, one for guests wifi access and one for everything else. I have this working with a Barracuda NG firewall but cannot get this to work with Kerio Control. The tagging is done based on which SSID a user connects to 0 for staff and 1 for guest.

I also need the Kerio Control to be the DHCP server on the guest VLAN only. the staff VLAN has a windows server doing DHCP

Thanks
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Normally you should be able to enable the checkbox "Create VLAN subinterfaces" and then you can add VLAN ids. I assume you are trying to add the VLAN to the interface that is physically connected directly to your access point, is that right? Do you have any messages in the error / warning logs that may indicate why you can't enable VLAN subinterfaces?

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

After more review I believe the issue is that your interface is part of the LAN Switch. It has to be a stand alone interface in order to add VLANs. More info in this KB article http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/hardware-appliance /configuring-ethernet-ports-in-kerio-control-hardware-applia nces-1996.html

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
silars

Are you attempting to create VLANs on a WiFi interface or an Ethernet interface?

If you are doing this via WiFi, you may want to review this section: http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-control/wifi/configuring-w ifi-guest-networks-on-kerio-control-ng100w-and-ng300w-1975.h tml

DHCP should be naturally scoped to the matching subnet/interface. The "add" function should guide you or you can use the "Generate Scopes Automatically..." button. In the end, you just want to make sure you *don't* have a scope that correlates to your Staff VLAN/LAN.
  •  
ESP Projects

Thanks for the responses. Brian you were right I was trying on the LAN swtich - after creating a stand alone port I was able to add the required VLANs

Thanks
Previous Topic: Blocking HTTPS Websites
Next Topic: Kerio Update Failed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 05:31:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00349 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.