Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2016 generates lot of network traffic
  •  
ehofstede

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have two users with Outlook 2016 on their Mac's. Outlook version is 15.32
I'm running Kerio 9.2.1 on my Ubuntu server.

Now with one specific mailbox, just under 6GB in total size, after adding it to Outlook, Outlook starts downloading the mailbox, as expected.
Lets call this mailbox "mailbox X"
Outlook downloads at a speed around 400mbit. You would probably say, nice, synchronising is done quickly... Smile

The only thing here... Outlook doesn't stop downloading anymore, until obviously I quit Outlook, or until I remove mailbox X.
The users also have other mailboxes added (Y and Z) within Outlook and they don't give any issues, it's only this one mailbox X.

Now I also have users running Outlook 2011 on their Mac's, these users don't have problems with mailbox X.

I have checked if there were issues with mailbox X through the error logging in the admin portal, there were a few issues with some folders, I have removed the files "index.fld" and "search.fld" in these "problem" folders so they would be re-indexed.
Now I'm not getting any error messages about mailbox X anymore. So far so good.
I removed mailbox X from Outlook and re-added it, but still, Outlook keeps downloading non-stop...

Does anybody have an idea on what I can do about this?
Thanks!
Erwin.

P.S. It's only Outlook 2016 on Mac which behaves like this. Outlook 2016 on Windows with mailbox X works just fine. Synchronising at a maximum of maybe 20mbit, and when it's done, it's done..

[Updated on: Fri, 07 April 2017 15:25]

Previous Topic: bdbchecker.exe
Next Topic: Attachments disappearing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 05:30:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.