Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » [NOT RESOLVED] Chinese characters in sent emails
  •  
blimonet

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,

Since 2 months, i have a strange problem on some sent email (sent to external mailbox or intern mailbox).

When user wrote it, no worries.
But when the recipient receive it, he saw just a part of the email and after a phrase, he received chinese characters... Mad

I saw this problem with french / english and german email on 10 mailbox...

Do you have an idea ?

(I tried to update Kerio connect to the last version 9.2.2 patch 1 (2831) but I still have the same problem).

thanks !

An example :
    I may take Ben over there this afternoon. I'm sure she won't mind going to a shop!! ૘⃞⸀⸀⸀⸀ 䤀 愀洀 猀琀爀甀最最氀椀渀最 愀 戀椀琀 眀椀琀栀 挀栀椀氀搀 挀愀爀攀 琀漀搀愀礀℀ 䴀礀 洀甀洀 椀猀 渀漀琀 昀攀攀氀椀渀最 最爀攀愀琀⸀ 䄀渀礀 挀栀愀渀挀攀 眀攀 挀愀渀 挀愀琀挀栀 甀瀀 䴀漀渀搀愀礀 愀琀 琀栀攀 漀昀昀椀挀攀㼀 䤀 眀椀氀氀 眀漀爀欀 昀爀漀洀 栀漀洀攀 琀栀椀猀 洀漀爀渀椀渀最 愀渀搀 琀栀攀渀 栀攀愀搀 漀瘀攀爀 琀漀 䠀椀琀挀栀椀渀⸀ ഀ਀ഀ਀䤀昀 礀漀甀 眀漀甀氀搀 爀愀琀栀攀爀 椀琀 眀愀猀 琀漀搀愀礀Ⰰ 䤀 挀愀渀 愀猀欀 洀礀 一愀渀 琀漀 栀愀瘀攀 栀攀爀 昀漀爀 愀 昀攀眀 栀漀甀爀猀㼀 ഀ਀ഀ਀匀栀攀氀氀 ഀ਀ഀ਀ⴀⴀⴀⴀⴀ伀爀椀最椀渀愀氀 䴀攀猀猀愀最攀ⴀⴀⴀⴀⴀഀ਀䘀爀漀洀㨀 一攀椀氀 䴀伀一吀䜀伀䴀䔀刀夀 嬀洀愀椀氀琀漀㨀渀攀椀氀⸀洀漀渀琀最漀洀攀爀礀䀀樀甀爀愀琀漀礀猀⸀挀漀⸀甀欀崀 ഀ਀匀攀渀琀㨀  㔀 䄀瀀爀椀氀 ㈀ ㄀㜀 ㄀㄀㨀 㜀ഀ਀吀漀㨀 䄀搀爀椀愀渀 一伀夀䌀䔀 㰀愀搀爀椀愀渀⸀渀漀礀挀攀䀀樀甀爀愀琀漀礀猀⸀挀漀⸀甀欀㸀㬀 渀椀挀欀⸀欀愀爀洀礀䀀樀甀爀愀琀漀礀猀⸀挀漀⸀甀欀ഀ਀䌀挀㨀 洀椀挀栀攀氀氀攀⸀瀀爀漀戀攀爀琀䀀樀甀爀愀琀漀礀猀⸀挀漀⸀甀欀ഀ਀匀甀戀樀攀挀琀㨀 刀攀㨀 嘀椀渀攀最愀爀 䠀椀氀氀ഀ਀ഀ਀䤀 眀椀氀氀 洀愀欀攀 猀甀爀攀 䤀 最攀琀 琀栀攀爀攀 眀椀琀栀椀渀 琀栀攀 渀攀砀琀 眀攀攀欀 㬀⤀ഀ਀ഀ਀ഀ਀一攀椀氀 䴀漀渀琀最漀洀攀爀礀ഀ਀唀䬀 䌀漀洀洀攀爀挀椀愀氀 䐀椀爀攀挀琀漀爀ഀ਀ ഀ਀吀攀氀⸀ 㨀 ⬀㐀㐀 ⠀ ⤀㈀ 㠀 㠀㜀㠀 ㈀㄀㌀㌀ഀ਀䴀漀戀⸀ 㨀 ⬀㐀㐀 ⠀ ⤀㜀㤀㜀㐀 ㈀ ㈀ ㄀㐀㘀ഀ਀ ഀ਀ഀ਀㌀㈀ 䠀椀最栀 倀愀爀欀 刀漀愀搀Ⰰ 䬀攀眀 䜀愀爀搀攀渀猀 ∀†刀椀挀栀洀漀渀搀 吀圀㤀 㐀䈀䠀 ∀†唀渀椀琀攀搀 䬀椀渀最搀漀洀 吀攀氀⸀ 㨀 ⬀㐀㐀 ⠀ ⤀㈀  㠀㠀㜀㠀 ㈀㄀㌀㌀ 樀愀渀漀搀⸀挀漀洀 㰀栀琀琀瀀㨀⼀⼀眀眀眀⸀樀愀渀漀搀⸀挀漀洀⼀㸀 ∀†欀愀氀漀漀 㰀栀琀琀瀀㨀⼀⼀眀眀眀⸀欀愀氀漀漀⸀挀漀洀⼀㸀⸀挀漀洀 ∀†愀氀攀砀戀爀愀渀搀猀 㰀栀琀琀瀀㨀⼀⼀眀眀眀⸀愀氀攀砀戀爀愀渀搀猀⸀挀漀洀⼀㸀⸀挀漀洀ഀ਀ഀ਀伀渀  㔀⼀ 㐀⼀㈀ ㄀㜀Ⰰ ㄀ 㨀 ㌀Ⰰ ∀䄀搀爀椀愀渀 一伀夀䌀䔀∀ 㰀愀搀爀椀愀渀⸀渀漀礀挀攀䀀樀甀爀愀琀漀礀猀⸀挀漀⸀甀欀㸀 眀爀漀琀攀㨀ഀ਀ഀ਀    䄀洀攀氀 椀渀昀漀爀洀猀 洀攀 琀栀愀琀 琀栀攀礀 栀愀瘀攀 栀愀搀 琀栀攀椀爀 搀攀氀椀瘀攀爀礀 琀漀 䠀椀琀挀栀椀渀 氀愀猀琀 眀攀攀欀 椀昀 愀渀礀戀漀搀礀 椀猀 瀀愀猀猀椀渀最⸀⸀⸀⸀⸀⸀⸀ഀ਀    ഀ਀     ഀ਀    ഀ਀    ഀ਀    䄀搀爀椀愀渀 一漀礀挀攀ഀ਀    匀愀氀攀猀 刀攀瀀爀攀猀攀渀琀愀琀椀瘀攀 ഀ਀    䄀氀攀砀 䈀爀愀渀搀猀ഀ਀    䄀渀漀礀挀攀䀀愀氀攀砀戀爀愀渀搀猀⸀挀漀洀ഀ਀     㜀㠀㜀 ㈀  㠀 㤀㄀㔀ഀ਀    匀攀渀琀 昀爀漀洀 洀礀 椀倀栀漀渀攀ഀ਀ഀ਀

[Updated on: Wed, 17 May 2017 08:58]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What email client do you use?
Any chance that user is adding an emoji characters like smiley (UTF-8 SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES (U+1F60A) or WHITE SMILING FACE (U+263A)).?
  •  
blimonet

Thanks for your answer.

We used Outlook 2013/2016 for PC (but 2016 in majority).
I think it's smiley too... (in text mode only because we don't have this problem with HTML emails).

But how to correct it ? (we don't have this problem before)
  •  
blimonet

After making another tests, I think it's the new "yellow" smiley (added by microsoft on 2016 and 365 version).
Before smiley is white and now yellow...

do you think Microsoft changed smiley encoding ?

•  
brandonh75

I had a few reports of this yesterday. Got another today after seeing this thread. Verified the user did use a smiley that caused the recipients to see strange characters. The ones I saw had been sent with Outlook 2016.
  •  
tom2281

Did anyone find a solution yet? We get the first reports of "chinese" characters, too, from users using Outlook 2016 using emoticons. So far the only workaround seems to be to ask users to not use emoticons.

As far as I can tell, this seems to be limitted to Outlook users using Kerio and possibly appeared after March or April patchday.

Any hint appreciated!
  •  
blimonet

Hi,
I just have a look on the new update (9.2.3) and the bug was not resolved.

Below an extract of the release notes :

- Fixed updating of Kerio Antivirus if update directory or downloaded update files are held by another process.
- Fixed rare interruption of upgrade process when upgrading from Kerio Connect 9.1 and older.
- Fixed potential stability problem during instant messaging (XMPP) server initialization.
- Some meeting responses to invitations could not be successfully sent from devices with iOS 10.3 using Exchange ActiveSync.

Kerio Connect Client
- Fixed CVE-2017-7440 (CWE-693) vulnerability.

Kerio Connect Client application for Mac and Windows
- Fixed CVE-2017-7440 (CWE-693) vulnerability.

Kerio Connect Administration
- Fixed Japanese translation.

If anyone have any hint for us...
Today, I just ask to my outlook 2016 users to don't use smileys but this isn't a solution...
  •  
blimonet

This problem was not resolved.

Anyone of the Kerio team can give us a hint ? Wink

(I tried to ask to France Hotline but they advised me to post a message on this forum...)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

blimonet wrote on Wed, 17 May 2017 08:57
This problem was not resolved.

Anyone of the Kerio team can give us a hint ? Wink

(I tried to ask to France Hotline but they advised me to post a message on this forum...)

Can you give us a hint about what operating system do you use on server?
  •  
blimonet

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your answer.

Our server is a windows server 2012 R2 Standard.
All updates are ok.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is quite difficult for us to reproduce this issue. It works normal with latest version of Kerio Outlook Connector.
Could you please provide more details (exact Outlook version and build number, what Outlook add-ons are installed there).
Thank you.
  •  
blimonet

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your answer.

We are using Outlook 2016 or 365 with the latest update (for me , this morning).
We don't have add-on (i desactivated all to test).
  •  
Michael Ruffin

Just to add to this post, this is still an issue for us as well.

Outlook 2016 client, and Server 2008 as the host for Connect.
  •  
it@autoropa.se

brandonh75 wrote on Fri, 14 July 2017 15:31
Apparently this isn't just a Kerio thing with Outlook 2016: topic/2013876-emoji-in-outlook-2016-causes-random-signs-lett ers-after]topic/2013876-emoji-in-outlook-2016 -causes-random-signs-letters-after

It's my thread on SW and we use Kerio 9.2.2 (2802) so It's still plausible to be a Kerio issue.
Previous Topic: Cannot share calendars
Next Topic: Strange Characters Replacing Smiley Faces
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 03:12:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00572 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.