I have come across a problem that I think is an Apple bug with Open Directory replication, but it is caused by the Kerio Open Directory Extension. (ODE)
After you run the ODE replication no longer works for users that have been added to Kerio Connect. I am working with Apple support but thought I would put this out for the Kerio community since I haven't seen anything about it.
I believe that the easiest way to reproduce this is to:
1. Setup OD
2. Setup Replica and make sure it works
3. Remove replica
4. Install Kerio and bind it to OD (includes add Kerio schema extension)
5. Add an OD user to Kerio
6. Setup replica and see that the user from Kerio is not on replica
7. Add a new user to OD and check that it is on replica, it should be
8. Add that OD user to Kerio.
9. Check that the Kerio schema is on the replica user and it isn't.
Basically, once a user gets the extra Kerio fields added to their account on the OD, they are no longer replicated.
- Pavel Dobry (Kerio)
This is a known problem of OD replication. Apple's slapconfig tool used for replication does not migrate content of slapd.d directory with server configuration. It worked in OS X 10.8 and older but stopped working in OS X 10.9
Run following commands right after creating a replica (on a replica):
1. Install Kerio Open Directory extension on replica.
2. slapconfig -stopldapserver
3. slapadd -v -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d -c -l /var/db/openldap/openldap-data/backup.ldif
4. slapconfig -startldapserver
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum
members and may contain information and material posted by members which may
be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not
intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any
information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the
posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in
the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the
discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the
company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to
monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of