Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How are mails considered phishing spam (every now and again mails within our network are filtered as phishing spam)
  •  
einsatz-support

Send a private message to this user
Dear Kerio-Community,
we run the most recent version of KC 9.2.2, no spam assassin activated (yet), bitdefender Anti Spam active, company network whitelisted, spam filtering configuration "process messages from trusted sources (SMTP / relay options) active - and I will not change that setting.

Problem is: Every now and then a mail from within our network will is being considered "phishing spam". I need to analyze why.
It is always a Mail containing a zipped PDF file - which - being a prepress department - is daily business of course.
I can reproduce that behaviour but not really identify the reason.
I can send a zipped or unzipped PDF file with a few numbers and a colored area to a colleague and it gets filtered. I can send a different PDF zipped or unzipped and all is fine.
How does that phishing spam filter work?

Thanks a bunch and all the best from Germany
Previous Topic: iOS 10.3 and Kerio Connect 9.2.2 - "Your response to the invitation cannot be sent"
Next Topic: kerio connect and iphone Cardav & CalDAV not sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 05:31:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00318 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.