Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » DHCP Priority
  •  
rpach

Send a private message to this user
I have 2 DHCP scopes defined, and 2 Lan cards.

The problem is:
I have reservations on one of the cards and want to all the other users, not reserved, to get IP assigned by the second card. But the reservations aren't respected, so only one of the scopes work... the free scope.
Is that normal? Is there any way to get respect for the reservations in one scope and free assignement in other?

Thanks Rolling Eyes
  •  
Miko

I got same question, and cant find answer.

Kerio WinRoute Firewall 6.7.1 patch2 build 6544 Qt 3.3.6

How to set priority of the subnet?
  •  
robsik

If I good understand, you want to dived network into pieces:
- trusted network (computers with reservation in DHCP scope)
- untrusted network (each other - without reserversion)
(I'm not sure, because you're mantion about two network adapters - I don't know how you use this in your network?)

DHCP in KWF hasn't any possibility to assing scope to network adapter. We have similar problem to resolve in our customers network (twice). We resolved it this way:
- One DHCP server on Windows Server (or other) with reservation
- Second DHCP server on KWF
- We've created specific rules on KWF to put through Kerio DHCP only on one network interface.

Ask if you need more information or your situation is diffrent.

rpach wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 21:43
I have 2 DHCP scopes defined, and 2 Lan cards.

The problem is:
I have reservations on one of the cards and want to all the other users, not reserved, to get IP assigned by the second card. But the reservations aren't respected, so only one of the scopes work... the free scope.
Is that normal? Is there any way to get respect for the reservations in one scope and free assignement in other?

Thanks Rolling Eyes

Robert
  •  
vcvbonsai

robsik wrote on Fri, 30 April 2010 23:02
If I good understand, you want to dived network into pieces:
- trusted network (computers with reservation in DHCP scope)
- untrusted network (each other - without reserversion)
(I'm not sure, because you're mantion about two network adapters - I don't know how you use this in your network?)

DHCP in KWF hasn't any possibility to assing scope to network adapter. We have similar problem to resolve in our customers network (twice). We resolved it this way:
- One DHCP server on Windows Server (or other) with reservation
- Second DHCP server on KWF
- We've created specific rules on KWF to put through Kerio DHCP only on one network interface.

Ask if you need more information or your situation is diffrent.

Hey!, I have the same issue, but only 2 days to solve it, could you give me some hints to implent the second dhcp?!!!...

thanks in advanced

[Updated on: Wed, 13 October 2010 01:28]

Previous Topic: dhcp bind to specific interface(s) possible ?
Next Topic: DHCP 2 for different NIC's
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:37:04 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00365 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.