Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Hotspot problem
  •  
Jun

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Control TEST

1. WiFi as Guest Hotspot with Captive portal : Great Features you can't access internet if you don't click "Continue" or entering "Guest Password" even if you use mobile devices.

2. WiFi as Interface Hotspot with Captive portal : Everthing was great which you can use "User Login" to use browser but if you use mobile like devices as long as you connect to the said WiFi you can already use mobile apps like "messenger, fb, youtube, etc.", only browser needs User Login.

If i miss something kindly correct me for clarification. I was hoping to use the 2nd Test without able to use mobile apps if you did not authenticate user.
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

When you require users to authenticate it only affects HTTP access. However you can lock down other protocols by user in the traffic rules by specifying users in the source of a rule. This article provides some more detail http://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/control/content/traffic-rule s/limiting-internet-access-with-traffic-rules-1313.html

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
Jun

Hello, i have tried allowing service only "HTTP" for user authentication but i am stuck from user login page. Please check my attached file and guide me what could be the best approach to mimic the "Guest Hotspot" like condition.

Thanks a lot for taking time to respond.

• Attachment: kerio3.png
    (Size: 93.13KB, Downloaded 24 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 26 April 2017 11:04]

Previous Topic: Kerio VPN client - client computer unaccessible after VPN connection
Next Topic: Site to Site Kerio VPN Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 02:55:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.