Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Multiple WAN gateways on NG100?
  •  
phil_w

Send a private message to this user
Hi All - can I just confirm with those in the know that on the NG100 I can have multiple gateways (via a switch) on the same subnet on the WAN/Internet Port that I can use for load balancing or for manually assigning to a designated VLAN ID ?

I have a client who due to location is wanting/needing to use 4 x 4G routers...

Many thanks for any insights...
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

That in fact is only possible possible by using VLANs between the Internet/WAN port in Kerio Control and the switch you mentioned in your post. Each VLAN can then have a unique gateway IP address assigned. The switch then mist route traffic in each VLAN to the correct 4G router.

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
phil_w

Thanks - so just to clarify - This would work for load balancing not just for VLAN distribution? In my head, I only needed a VLAN switch on one of the LAN side ports - but I will need another VLAN switch on the WAN port too?

Thank you.
  •  
ICT and Me

It is possible if you use a switch with VLAN option.
Create VLAN trunk to Control. example vlan 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004
Make this also on the WAN port interface of the Control NG100.
On the switch you make four dedicated VLAN ports. One on VLAN 1001, one VLAN1002, etc
On those ports you connect the four 4G ROUTERS.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Ernesto (Kerio)

Yes, configuring VLANs on the Internet/unprotected interfaces in Kerio Control will allow you to use the load balancing feature.

You don't necessarily need two separate network switches. One switch can suffice for both VLAN groups: internal and external. A managed switch will allow you to do this.

However, in order to ensure a physical separation, not just logical, you can use two switches: one for the LAN and one for the WAN side.

Sales Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
phil_w

Thanks everybody. Brain now clear Smile
Previous Topic: Disable NAT for specific destination
Next Topic: In Private Browsing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 05:26:21 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00523 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.