Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio's dedicated mail client is a phisher's dream (Possible bug or lack of basic feature)
  •  
reverent

Send a private message to this user
Sorry for the hyperbole in the title, but it isn't too far from the truth.

We really want to use Kerio's mail client and this one missing feature makes using it in our environment (and I have to assume many others) just too risky. When you receive an email composed in html, the Kerio mail client does not let you hover preview links. This means it is impossible for a typical user to tell if a link is a phishing link or a legit link because they can't hover it and check the destination.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

http://imgur.com/a/mXegd

As you can see, if you hover a link in IE, you can get a preview. Same with Chrome and Firefox. However, with the Kerio Mail client, you don't get that preview.

It is worth noting that in the Kerio mail client, normal links do let you get a preview, but if the link is in an html composed email, then you can't tell if the link is legit.

While my example shows pictures in the html email, this is a problem even if you don't allow it to load pictures.

I think the Kerio mail client is wonderful except for this one very critical missing feature. Like many businesses, we are stuck with IE as our default browser, and Kerio has a bug in IE that hasn't been fixed over the past two releases (Ticket ID: DLH-683238 Department: Support - Bug Reports) and so far their advice has been to use Chrome instead of IE. As we can't do that, I saw the dedicated Kerio mail client as our salvation as it works really well and since Kerio controls both the client and server development, it 'should' get the best support. Please add the link preview feature to your mail client and you will make at least one organization very happy.

Thank you Kerio team. I look forward to any updates that add this feature.
Previous Topic: Warnings & Errors
Next Topic: Agenda mails send from username
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 13:15:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00437 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.