Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Bitdefender anti-virus fails to operate (Bitdefender anti-virus plugin fails when trying to check mails and obviously crashes)
  •  
lgsit

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I just enabled the integrated Bitdefender anti-virus engine to check the mails processed by Kerio Connect. However, there is a problem.

The first time I enabled it, I got a message box with the following error:
Antivirus plugin Kerio Antivirus cannot be initialized: Unable to initialize plugin, error: Recv. thread stopped/failed

After retrying to enable the anti-virus it seemed to work. The checkmark was set and there was no error message.

A few moments later I noticed something inside the error logs of Kerio Connect:
[29/May/2017 10:11:39] AntivirusModule.cpp: Antivirus plugin Kerio Antivirus cannot be initialized: Unable to initialize plugin, error: Recv. thread stopped/failed
[29/May/2017 10:11:39] AntivirusModule.cpp: Restarting of Kerio Antivirus plugin has failed, next try is planned after 300 seconds.
[29/May/2017 10:20:59] mail_avir.cpp: Antivirus check of mail from <hans.gruber@externaldomain.foo> to <john.mcclane<_at_>internaldomain.foo> failed: No result returned from plugins.
[29/May/2017 10:21:00] Last message repeated 5 times

I then checked the settings on the anti-virus tab and noticed, that Bitdefender is suddenly deactivated.

What is going on there?

If relevant, I just updated my Kerio Connect installation to 9.2.3 (April, 27th 2017) on CentOS 7.3 (x64).

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Why did Kerio (or maybe GFI) replace Sophos with Bitdefender? Sophos worked as a charm.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 May 2017 12:30]

•  
JSPR

Also running into an issue with BitDefender AV. Updating definitions has been failing for a while now (~4 days!). Only log entry regarding this:

[29/May/2017 11:54:35] AntivirusModule.cpp: Antivirus Server error(0): Version info doesn't contain required location.

I can ping bdupdate-cdn.kerio.com, as well as bdupdate.kerio.com.

Any suggestions how to update definitions manually, or what to do to fix the antivirus server error above?

edit:
Kerio Connect 9.2.3 (2929) on Ubuntu 14.04, x86_64

edit2:
I don't have the issues with sending or recieiving mail; FYI

[Updated on: Tue, 30 May 2017 11:00]

•  
asteco

same problem..grrr.
fresh installation (9.2.3), all bdupdate server reachable
this done:
GFI Repair Kerio
same problem.
i have to deactivate bitdefender to send or receove mails.
this is not very good....this problem should be fixed in a few hours. if not, give us sophos back!!!!

Server 2012R2, 4GB RAM, 200Mbit WAN, no proxy, all port from internal to external open
  •  
areichmann

Also problems with updateing Control definitions since sunday. Maybe same problem ?

http://forums.kerio.com/t/32608//
  •  
HeadAche

Hi I've been having the same issue. Running server 2008 R2 upgraded from connect 7.3.1 to latest version last weekend. and bang same issue on A/V not working / updating.

Tried reset procedure as listed no help....

Just been testing some things, but for me......

Switching on grey listing under Anti-spam and configuring firewall to allow port 8045 (for the greylist to work).

Has now some how enabled the anti-virus updates to work correctly ? Laughing

Bug i dont know ? hope this helps someone, even though it has nothing to do with the A/V update ?
Shocked

[Updated on: Tue, 30 May 2017 21:08]

•  
asteco

@HeadAche
WHAT...i tried this (activate greylisting) and then it works... Mad
thank you!!!!

after deactivate greylisting...no problems with the av engine.

where is the connection between greylisting and bitdefender?

it is sad that there come no solution from kerio/gfi...if this is the way they are going now we have to check the further selling of the products Shocked
  •  
HeadAche

Thought it was me being crazy lol.

Glad it helped! Laughing

And highlights where the problem possibly may be Rolling Eyes
  •  
lgsit

asteco wrote on Tue, 30 May 2017 21:19
after deactivate greylisting...no problems with the av engine.
Greylisting is (and was) disabled in my config, still the same issue. Enabling and disabling it again does not have any effect.

Is there any "special way" I have to do this? I did the following:
  1. Started Bitdefender (which crashed)
  2. Switched to the "Anti-Spam" options, "Greylisting" tab and enabled it (was disabled before)
  3. After that I retried enabling Bitdefender (crashed once again)
  4. Disabled the greylisting feature
  5. Retried enabling Bitdefender (crashed, what a surprise...)
  6. Disabled Bitdefender again, due to the fact, that the way above did not work
This is awful! When I pay for a product I expect it to work properly.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 May 2017 09:47]

•  
asteco

at our server i runs after doing this:

1. greylisting ara deactivated
2. bitdefender from activatet to deactivatet
3. activate greylisting
4. activate bitdefender. bitdefender load the last definition (approx 300MB)
5. bitdefender runs
6. greylisting deactivatet

one user has on step 3 greylisting after activating a few seconds later deactivatet, bitdefender then after a few minutes activated and it runs

it is very very strange behavior....

i hope it helps at your installation!
  •  
lgsit

asteco wrote on Wed, 31 May 2017 10:06
at our server i runs after doing this (...)
First, it did not work, but then I performed a reboot of the server (the whole system) before step 3, then I was able to enable and update Bitdefender.

it is very very strange behavior....
Indeed, very strange.

i hope it helps at your installation!
Yes, thank you!
  •  
JSPR

About 5,5 hours ago, the AV engine was able to update again, and I just now again could request updated definitions.
I didn't play with the greylisting settings, it wasn't enabled at any point.

Still would love to know what was going on there...
Previous Topic: Trigger the Bitdefender definition update via Kerio Connect API
Next Topic: Connect AV Update very BIG (in MB)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Jun 22 14:02:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.