Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » 9.2.2 defective by design ?
  •  
Jolmic

Send a private message to this user
Using Kerio Control over almost 2 decades, i never had such major issues as i now had since upgrading to 9.2.2

Have 4 Control servers running at 4 locations, server 1 is running on a physical i5-3770, 16GB, all others are running the OVF VMware appliance.
There were running very fine in version 8.x.x (as 8.6.2 latest)
Then i decided to upgrade them all to 9.2.2 by using the upgrade function in the WebIF

Server1: 1000/1000 internet connected. When generating 90+ mbit traffic for at least 5 seconds, Control server spontaneously loose all network traffic from all interfaces for around 10 seconds, and comes back as nothing happened. (no errors in logfile)
Downgraded to 8.6.2, works like a charm again.

Server2: every few days, Control completely loose its network connections ( 2 ). Not pingable anymore, but the VM is not hanging, as i can login, using the menu etc.etc. Giving a reboot from the Kerio menu in console, fixes all problems. No problems to be found in the log files.
Downgraded to 8.6.2, works like a charm again.

Server3+4: after a few days, both Control instances are getting very slow, REALLY slow (cannot login in WebIF, timesout), on console it takes like 60 seconds to login, and 30 seconds to move the cursor.
I suspect a memory leak, but can't confirm.
Reboot solves it for a few days, downgrading to 8.6.2 seems like the ultimate fix.

I remember something about Sophos antivirus from 8.6.x been phased out in the future, is there an exact date already ? Because that was the only reason to upgrade to 9.x as all other 'new' features are not interesting for us.
  •  
bm

Send a private message to this user
I have same issues, downgrade to 9.1.4 helps, but its not ideal.
Previous Topic: Some sites do not work through Kerio
Next Topic: [BUG] No Antivirus Update
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 02:13:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.