Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Longer timeout for forwarding if internal call? (We want to give colleagues more time to answer)
  •  
Philipp14

Send a private message to this user
I got a request from a user, which seems very reasonable to me:

We have mostly set auto-forwarding to the helpdesk or to voicemail if a users do not answer their phone within a certain amount of time. This is perfect for external calls, since we do not want to stretch our customer's patience.

However, when making internal calls, we probably know that the colleague is there, but just take a little bit mire time to answer. Noone would want to get the helpdesk or voicemail instead.

So, the idea was whether it is possible to apply an extended timeout (or prevent forwarding at all) if the incoming call is coming from an internal extension.

I guess this is not possible (and maybe unusual), but it appears quite useful to me.
(However, we might need to discuss whether this should also apply if the user has redirected to an external number like their mobile phone.)

What do you think?
  •  
link611

Send a private message to this user
i think this should be work.

just use a ringing group or a call queue for the external calls.

external call -> ringing group with timeout -> ringing on extension XX
on timeout -> go to voicemail/ helpdesk

the internal users just call the extension directly (no timeout on extension - or even a longer timeout).

maybe you can also use an auto attended script, that would be easier to copy for every extension - but i am not sure if this really works.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 June 2017 11:43]

Previous Topic: Kerio Operator Install On Dell PowerEdge R730
Next Topic: Kerio Desktop Phone extension <-> external number
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 12:55:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.